The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Bruins trade Jack Studnicka to Canucks for Michael DiPietro, Jonathan Myrenberg

Yesterday I was saying how I thought our prospects cupboard was about 5 D short of where it should be, 3-4 being rhd.

Silly me. I think we our prospect cupboard is about 6 D short of where it should be including 4-5 rhd.

We really, really, really needed more centre depth but really, really, really should be moving wingers not RHD prospects. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

OK this is getting a bit much, I get we're all supposed to be angry but acting like Mikey had a future here is a bit much.

Canucks did right by Mikey finding him a new home, thats the story here. 

former Team Canada Jr goalie? Sure, he was, but he's not an NHL goalie.  Good luck with that Boston. 

Myrenberg could be a good Dman one day, but I am glad they didn't trade more draft picks

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I hope he lays the body more than Lazar. 

There’s zero team toughness. 

It's not his main strength but he's not overly soft either.  He'll be here to help the PK; his faceoff stats aren't terrible either for his age at 49% last year, which was a big improvement over the previous season.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Alflives said:

Could this be the first move of many that are meant to change the culture of our club?  I hate the trade, but if it’s too tent is to move to an improved culture to can understand it. 

That’s surprisingly balanced. 
‘Go get some scotch before your blood alcohol gets dangerously low. 

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

dunno man, he's in the 2nd tier Swedish league and we hadn't signed him yet. I think we're OK :lol:

Was only drafted a year ago tho - still only 19. To be logging mins on a pro team is pretty good progression for a late rounder. Plus he's the lone RHD prospect we had that looked to be progressing. 

Would rather have given up someone else, but we'll see. Maybe he turns out to be nothing & Studnicka is a valuable player for us. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This is it exactly!  Does this move make us better in three years?  Nope.  But if Myrenburg becomes a layer we are sunk again.  Makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE to make this deal considering where we are as a club.  We need every righ5 side D prospect possible, and should be adding them; not trading them away. 

Maybe they were lower on Myrenberg than other prospects, given our RHD situation I think I would've sacrificed others before him

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1