The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All things Cannabis

DS4quality

Noticed we have a lot of threads on Booze, but not much on cannabis.

So tell me what are your favorite strains.

Do you like CBD, CBN, CBG? 

what do you look for in a product, do you like concentrates or flower? 

I'll start

Favorite strains: Skywalker OG, Bubble Gum, Mac-1, and Gelato

I love concentrates including vape cartridges, but prefer a full spectrum rather than a distillate. 

Some of my favorite growers are: Ghost drops, Pure sun farms, Sitka, Ness, and for a good discount brand Daily Special.

• Like 1

Get one of these.

Save a lot of money on re stocking your herb.

The bag reservoir keeps your smoke from just burning into the air.

OIP.jpg.9625c664679591b7e5813b224f299e15.jpg

Analog model shown

The digital model will turn itself off after a half hour of nonuse- saves electricity.

Highly? recommend.

Ps- there is/was a weed growing thread around this site somewhere .Fantastic pictures and helpful tips.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, gurn said:

Get one of these.

Analog model shown

The digital model will turn itself off after a half hour of nonuse- saves electricity.

Highly? recommend.

Ps- there is/was a weed growing thread around this site somewhere .Fantastic pictures and helpful tips.

Built like a tank too. Mine is about 15 years old and still works perfectly.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, gurn said:

Get one of these.

Analog model shown

Highly? recommend.

I have the low cost Canadian version the Arizer extreme Q. It's absolutely amazing. It feels cheap, but 5 years in and it can go still. The only thing I would do is get a lower sitting bowl.Arizer-Extreme-Q.jpg.b198f370848d250691ed0f4f1d5a5ec9.jpg

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

My old 67 Merc Cougar, had a large center 'cushion' on the steering wheel.

Twist that puppy to the left and it would pop off, showing the center nut and horn activating metal pieces.

The bottom of that cushion had a hole in it- could stash a half ounce in there.

Here it is :)

OIP.jpg.a0d49735d1a9407ff7c2ae63e61055f6.jpg

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, gurn said:

Get one of these.

Analog model shown

Highly? recommend.

I have been looking into vaporizers and this one if the king supreme it seems. Smoking a joint is too hard on my lungs and I am dealing with chronic pain so hoping a vaporizer will be of good use for me. Plan to find a strain for day time and a heavier duty strain to put me in lala land in the evening.

Anyone here using Cannabis for pain...if so any suggestions!?

Thanks in advance

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DS4quality said:

I have the low cost Canadian version the Arizer extreme Q. It's absolutely amazing. It feels cheap, but 5 years in and it can go still. The only thing I would do is get a lower sitting bowl.Arizer-Extreme-Q.jpg.b198f370848d250691ed0f4f1d5a5ec9.jpg

That is 2nd on my list and a lot cheaper too

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

I have been looking into vaporizers and this one if the king supreme it seems. Smoking a joint is too hard on my lungs and I am dealing with chronic pain so hoping a vaporizer will be of good use for me. Plan to find a strain for day time and a heavier duty strain to put me in lala land in the evening.

Thanks in advance

I use a a 1:1 thc to cbd for pain. Jack Herer is probably one of my favorite 1:1. It can be a bit intense tho. But of you can find like an 18-20% thc one 

It's good. 

I found that the high thc daily stash works well in my vaporizers. 

I've kind of given up on deciding between sativa, indica, and hybrids as the difference in effects is minimal for me.

Cbn is a good night time cannibinoid that a lot people swear helps them sleep. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, gurn said:

Get one of these.

Analog model shown

Highly? recommend.

@stawns posts on the grower’s thread so maybe he can post a link to that one as well.

• Cheers 1

I am a herb guy as edibles don't seem to have much effect for me anymore.  I have a double perk bong that I use regularly and enjoy a nice j after tougher days at work.

I find I rotate through the strains, Indica, Hybrid & Sativa though strains are so mixed now it's hard to know how you feel until after trying.  Typically sativa/hybrid during the day (when I'm not working) and indica's at night.  Love me some hash to throw into a bowl for the bong.

I was staying away from the dispencary's as they were pricey and the quality wasn't there but decided to try it out a couple days ago.  Got a half oz of Lime Soda (hybrid) from the supplier Ness at BC Cannabis and I must say, I was impressed.  Store was nice, people were helpful and knowledgeable and they had lot's of options.  Price was affordable and the quality is great.  Nugs were fluffly yet dense, had a nice coating of crystals and smelled wonderful.  It stickied my grinder up right away.  Taste wasn't there for me from rolling a j but other than that it was all good. 3.5/5 for me.

I'll be taking a look at more stuff from BCC as I've been to Hobo and they just suck all around, which is why I used to shy away from dispensaries.  Also planning on trying those drinks to giv'r a go.  

Don't have any favorite strains or producers but I'll certainly be keeping track of the stuff I get from BCC.

On 10/28/2022 at 6:59 PM, Canuckster86 said:

Thanks in advance

Edibles might be your best bet.  Usually get more of a body high that last longer than smoking/vaping though it does take longer for you to feel the effects where inhaling can start feeling effects a few minutes after.  As for CBD/THC balance, try asking the people at BCC.  I was surprised how helpful and knowledgeable they were.  Good rule of thumb as I mentioned above sativa/satvia dominant hybrid for the day and indica/indica dominant hybrid for night.  Hope this helps, pain meds suck!!

• Cheers 1

On 10/28/2022 at 12:58 PM, gurn said:

Get one of these.

Analog model shown

Highly? recommend.

I actually won one at a growers expo.  
I traded it for a bunch of bud and a new light.  Lol!

They are fun, but I’m a doob guy.
That’s all I can handle. These fucking vape pens and shatters and what not are ridiculous!   
Having said that, my favourite thing ever is busting up some hash and putting it in my doobs. 

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...

With the Canucks in free fall, here is my review of last week's half oz.  

Went back to BC Cannabis and picked up another Hybrid, 'Lilac Diesel' from Redecan.  Packaged in a black, medical type container and lid with the typical childproof mechenism for the lid instead of the child resistant ziploc bag. Not sure which I liked better but nice to get a new container to re-use.

For the buds, smell was on point.  Smelled sour/fruity and after a couple days I realized it smell liked sour mango, to my delight.  Taste was the same as smell, gassy and fruity.  Nugs were well sized with not too many small buds.  Buds were fluffy yet dense though not overly sticky.  I enjoyed the high a lot.  More of a head high than body high and does a good job.  Defenitely something you can smoke before chores/tasks as you don't feel stuck to the couch once it hits.  Smoked well as a joint and a bowl in my bong though I felt it burned a bit quick for my liking.  I would have liked to see more terpenes on the bud itself but it was a good batch.  Overall, I really enjoyed the strain and seemed to smoke less of it than the Lime Soda.  It was good to the point where I'd pick it up again. Solid 4 out of 5.

Side note, I continue to enjoy the level of service at BCC along with their wide selection.  Excited to try my way through the menu and find which producers I enjoy most.  Picked up another half oz for this week, will let y'all know how it goes!

• Cheers 3

19 hours ago, Petey Castiglione said:

With the Canucks in free fall, here is my review of last week's half oz.  

Went back to BC Cannabis and picked up another Hybrid, 'Lilac Diesel' from Redecan.  Packaged in a black, medical type container and lid with the typical childproof mechenism for the lid instead of the child resistant ziploc bag. Not sure which I liked better but nice to get a new container to re-use.

For the buds, smell was on point.  Smelled sour/fruity and after a couple days I realized it smell liked sour mango, to my delight.  Taste was the same as smell, gassy and fruity.  Nugs were well sized with not too many small buds.  Buds were fluffy yet dense though not overly sticky.  I enjoyed the high a lot.  More of a head high than body high and does a good job.  Defenitely something you can smoke before chores/tasks as you don't feel stuck to the couch once it hits.  Smoked well as a joint and a bowl in my bong though I felt it burned a bit quick for my liking.  I would have liked to see more terpenes on the bud itself but it was a good batch.  Overall, I really enjoyed the strain and seemed to smoke less of it than the Lime Soda.  It was good to the point where I'd pick it up again. Solid 4 out of 5.

Side note, I continue to enjoy the level of service at BCC along with their wide selection.  Excited to try my way through the menu and find which producers I enjoy most.  Picked up another half oz for this week, will let y'all know how it goes!

Thanks for the update, keep them coming if you don't mind!

• Cheers 1

On 10/28/2022 at 12:37 PM, DS4quality said:

Noticed we have a lot of threads on Booze, but not much on cannabis.

So tell me what are your favorite strains.

Do you like CBD, CBN, CBG? 

what do you look for in a product, do you like concentrates or flower? 

I'll start

Favorite strains: Skywalker OG, Bubble Gum, Mac-1, and Gelato

I love concentrates including vape cartridges, but prefer a full spectrum rather than a distillate. 

Some of my favorite growers are: Ghost drops, Pure sun farms, Sitka, Ness, and for a good discount brand Daily Special.

we had a great growers thread going, but it trailed off last year