The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nov 12/22 Vancouver Canucks(4-7-3) @ Toronto Maple Leafs(7-5-3) Scotiabank Arena 4:00pm PT CBC SNP SNO SNW  SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

I honestly hope Boston absolutely slaughters us tomorrow. Like a merciless beat down. I can’t take much more of this. Seven years of hockey w/o any passion, physicality or even a hint of mental toughness or the ability to hold a lead. This group should be run out of town on a rail. At least in the late 90s we saw the last 50 goal season of Pavel Bure, the emergence of Markus Naslund & the hiring of Marc Crawford. This is absolute garbage, insulting to players like Trevor Linden, Naslund, Bure & the Sedins who worked their asses off for this franchise.

Just now, iinatcc said:

Yeah even Hansen (from his last interview) doesn't see OEL as a #2 and #3 dman.

I think Benning just did the deal as some sort of revenge if he ever gets fired 

images (5).jpeg

That would nice  but unfortunately  reality is he was just a terrible GM that had no clue what he was doing. 

• Haha 1

What is exactly this team's defensive structure?

It seems like its "do your own thing" kind of system. The dman look absolutely exacerbated and caught running around, while the forwards are caught standing watching the play. A lot on the players, but seems like they don't even know what to do defensively, which is a testament to the lack of structure in their own zone.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

What is exactly this team's defensive structure?

It seems like its "do your own thing" kind of system. The dman look absolutely exacerbated and caught running around, while the forwards are caught standing watching the play. A lot on the players, but seems like they don't even know what to do defensively, which is a testament to the lack of structure in their own zone.

Forwards are brutal coming back.  Miller and boeser especially.