The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 13 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins - 3:00pm PT/6:00pm ET - TD Garden

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

11 minutes ago, Odd. said:

We lose today and Buffalo, I’ll officially be team tank. 

Bedard Michkov and Fantelli is probably the best top 3 since 2015. 

It’s gonna be funny. The best draft in awhile but it’s all forwards. As much as I want all 3 of those guys. We are nothing without defence. No even Bedard ain’t saving us until we can draft and develop defencemen. That or pull some crazy trade out of their ass

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

I didn't step away but I feel you. I used to be waaaaaay too invested in the rosters, in the team, in the results, in the play. A loss could sour my mood for the rest of a day or evening if I let it, a bad or ugly loss would often do that. 

Got to the point where I realized it was pretty dumb to let a sport have that much influence over how I experience life so I gradually took steps back. I still follow the Canucks and NHL closely but it's nothing like it was. I'm still invested, I still post, I still watch, but it's more detached. They aren't my family, I don't have strong parasocial relationships with members of this roster, I don't really know them as people and they most certainly don't know me. 

I want them to win while being consistently competitive, not the mediocre teams we've had over much of the past decade. But most of my views and opinions on players are tied to that, and how I view team building, not so much to who players are as people. Haven't really gotten invested in them as people since those 2000's/early 2010's era rosters. 

I'm glad you found a balance. I'm trying to see. It'll be easier if they collapse but I'd rather have them climb up. I'm too much of an optimist deep down.

2 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I was just looking at the standings today and I realized there is a big reason ownership/management isn't going to do anything. We are still too close in terms of points. Edmonton has 18 points with one more game played and we sit at 11. They have this terrible idea man we are so close if we get on a hot streak we are right back in it. Ignoring all the signs they are a terrible hockey club. It's what's put this franchise behind the eight ball time and time again. They basically have to be so far behind in points to call the season but man the way they play is awful. The players we have are hard to get behind because they just don't play like they care. I was disappointed to see us so close in points still because I realized it's giving them a false sense of hope.

Don't worry, we have Boston, Buffalo, LA, Vegas, Colorado, and Vegas again in our next 6 games. 

We could be 10 points behind Edmonton by that point. Our schedule might be a blessing in disguise. 

15 minutes ago, Devron said:

It’s gonna be funny. The best draft in awhile but it’s all forwards. As much as I want all 3 of those guys. We are nothing without defence. No even Bedard ain’t saving us until we can draft and develop defencemen. That or pull some crazy trade out of their ass

Yeah true. I honestly wouldn’t say this draft is stacked, as after the first 6-7 picks it’s really a toss up. The number one ranked dman is a undersized RHD in Cameron Allen and he’s having an extremely poor season right now. Most defenseman in this draft are underwhelming. 

There’s a lot of defenseman in the 2nd round though, specifically RHD which we should be targeting.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Odd. said:

We lose today and Buffalo, I’ll officially be team tank. 

Bedard Michkov and Fantelli is probably the best top 3 since 2015. 

Probably better.  Id take Michkov and Fantelli over Strome and Eichel anyday. 

Bedard and McDavid are probably equal- maybe edge to McDavid.