The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall William Lockwood, place Jack Studnicka on IR

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Next man up replaced by the next man up, gonna be one of those seasons I guess.

I thought Studnicka showed some good instinct in his short time with a dysfunctional team, hope he is back soon. Get to have another look at Lockwood in the meantime, I liked his progress when he was up earlier too.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I wanna see Lockwood actually play finally.  Kids got everything it takes to be successful in a bottom 6 role

Just in case though, do we have a couple prospects and or a pick we can trade for a waiver wire calibre player to another team maybe?

Just now, Kobayashi Maru said:

Studnicka has been pretty good actually.  I think he is still showing some 3rd line potential in the future.  Hopefully the injury doesn't make him take too far of a step back.

3rd Line potential? Should have just signed Motte as a FA for 1.2m. Guy could move between lines 2-4 easily every night.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

3rd Line potential? Should have just signed Motte as a FA for 1.2m. Guy could move between lines 2-4 easily every night.

Why not both?  I see Studnicka as a C as well but only time will tell. A Joshua Studnicka Motte line would be pretty decent on the 4th.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Well we tried signing Motte and he went for a payday in FA instead so we traded him. 

To sign someone he has to want to be signed as well. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I wanna see Lockwood actually play finally.  Kids got everything it takes to be successful in a bottom 6 role

Just in case though, do we have a couple prospects and or a pick we can trade for a waiver wire calibre player to another team maybe?

If he can turn into a Motte 2.0 for us that would be great. He has speed, he hits, he can PK only downfall some might say about Lockwood is with his size and previous shoulder injuries will his style of game hold up in the NHL...Have to give the kid a legit chance to find out! 

Any idea if Lockwood would be playing today!?

35 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

We have 2 4th round picks this year, so I expect JR to be active on the trade front.  I mean 4th round picks barely make the NHL, right?

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We have 2 4th round picks this year, so I expect JR to be active on the trade front.  I mean 4th round picks barely make the NHL, right?

Lies.

One will be Gaudreau like the other Lidstrom.

They're Canucks potential picks don't ya know.  Until we do draft them and they don't Crosby in their first 5 games; then they're wasted picks ;) 

• Haha 1

Depends how Lockwood gets deployed, BB is going to tell him to just check hard and get pucks in deep. In Abby he's in their top-6 scoring goals almost every other night. I hope if he gets the opportunity he shows off some offensive flare too, but really hope he just checks and hits hard and gets the attention of the coaches.