The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

Just now, mll said:

Why would Horvat want to sign in Columbus?

Everyone knows that Boston is going to need Cs to replace Bergeron and Krejci.  They are atop the East and that was with missing McAvoy, Marchand etc to start the season.  Wouldn't surprise me if he targets signing there in the off-season rather than commit to CBJ whose future looks rather unclear.

Miller makes way more sense.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

As per Frank Seravalli:

And John Shannon said the other day that he's probably easier to move given the cost certainty he now has.

So who do you believe?

Personally I think it's silly to think that any "win now" team wouldn't be interested in adding a 1ppg (on a crap team no less) power forward, that can win draws/play C in a pinch and is on an expiring bargain deal, with a below market extension already signed. Particularly if we retain and/or take back cap.

Look what Calgary just signed Huberdeau for or CBJ the gnome.

The market is probably limited to 5, maybe 10 teams, sure. But as long as we take cap back, they have cap expiring, and the rumoured cap increase stays on track...I don't think we'd have any issues finding a few very interested suitors.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just solve the RD problem in one big push:

-Miller, Rathbone for Voracek, Jiricek (as mentioned)

-Bo for Kotkaniemi (Struggling but young) and Morrow

-Myers for Niemela

Once the RDs are ready we’d have:

Hughes Jiricek

OEL Morrow

Dermott Bear

Niemela

Works for me

Edited by Kobayashi Maru

4 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

-Myers for Niemela

Hughes Jiricek

OEL Morrow

Dermott Bear

Niemela

Works for me

I prefer we take back Gardiner (LTIR) and take Drury and their 1st instead.

14 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Watch management make a huge splash. Myers to Toronto for Nylander and Bo or Miller to Columbus part of a huge package.

With those two teams involved and their respective needs and available pieces coming back our way I could see two trades for us really reshaping they look of this team.

All would be forgiven if management somehow managed to swindle this. 

10 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

-Myers for Niemela

Hughes Jiricek

OEL Morrow

Dermott Bear

Niemela

Works for me

Good chance, Gudbranson is coming back.  Imagine, a d core consisting of OEL, Myers & Guddy: 17 million of money well wasted.  If I am Hughes, I would be asking for a trade 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I prefer we take back Gardiner (LTIR) and take Drury and their 1st instead.

Drury would be a decent add but their first will be late even in a good draft.  Morrow seems like the complete D man with good size and likely close to ready.  He would be the key target for me.  Kotka is just striking while Carolina is making their push and he is struggling.  If he was performing he would be close to untouchable.  Definitely a risk but if he caps out as a 3rd line C even then the cap is manageable in a few years.

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

And John Shannon said the other day that he's probably easier to move given the cost certainty he now has.

So who do you believe?

Personally I think it's silly to think that any "win now" team wouldn't be interested in adding a 1ppg (on a crap team no less) power forward, that can win draws/play C in a pinch and is on an expiring bargain deal, with a below market extension already signed. Particularly if we retain and/or take back cap.

Look what Calgary just signed Huberdeau for or CBJ the gnome.

The market is probably limited to 5, maybe 10 teams, sure. But as long as we take cap back, they have cap expiring, and the rumoured cap increase stays on track...I don't think we'd have any issues finding a few very interested suitors.

Exactly,  in the off season Miller didn’t have a contact extension and  he was was apparently not moveable because there was no extension in place.   Now an extension is in place and he has no value because of it?  Even though he is presently  on pace for a 40 goal 90 point season?   

Which is it?

It seems no matter what path is taken there is always someone willing to say Canucks players hold little to no value in their present state.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Watch management make a huge splash. Myers to Toronto for Nylander and Bo or Miller to Columbus part of a huge package.

With those two teams involved and their respective needs and available pieces coming back our way I could see two trades for us really reshaping they look of this team.

If Rutherford could get Nylander for Myers straight up Canucks fans would build him a statue 

• Cheers 1

We're not getting Johnson or Jiricek for Bo, let alone both :lol:

He's scoring at an unbelievable rate, but it isn't sustainable and GMs are smart enough to know that numbers will regress back to normal eventually.

Hopefully the hot streak bumps his value a bit, maybe a trade like Jenner, Peeke and a 2nd 2023?

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

At 4x4 I sure hope not.  Yuck.  Voracek offsets the Miller cap and I bet if he gets healthy and plays with Petey we can get a nice package in return at the deadline next year.

I just don't have confidence, in Allvin to be creative enough to make a good deal, for the Canucks cause if he was any good, Pittsburgh would had keep him.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I just don't have confidence, in Allvin to be creative enough to make a good deal, for the Canucks cause if he was any good, Pittsburgh would had keep him.

I have to agree with that so far as we haven’t seen it.  Team needed some fixes in the offseason and they weren’t met, now the team is in a dire state and fixes aren’t made.  I think we need to see an example of a blockbuster from Allvin to see what his approach is.  

I certainly hope it’s in the form of a rebuild of some variety.

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I have to agree with that so far as we haven’t seen it.  Team needed some fixes in the offseason and they weren’t met, now the team is in a dire state and fixes aren’t made.  I think we need to see an example of a blockbuster from Allvin to see what his approach is.  

I certainly hope it’s in the form of a rebuild of some variety.

At this point, I am ok with him doing nothing...

13 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Drury would be a decent add but their first will be late even in a good draft.  Morrow seems like the complete D man with good size and likely close to ready.  He would be the key target for me.  Kotka is just striking while Carolina is making their push and he is struggling.  If he was performing he would be close to untouchable.  Definitely a risk but if he caps out as a 3rd line C even then the cap is manageable in a few years.

Still rather have Drury and a 1st. Late or not.

Well I think the trade is.............

Horvat (5.50 Million), Rathbone (.850) and Pearson (3.25 Million) = 9.600 Million    (Rathbone sent down to Columbus farm team)  = $8.750 cap for Columbus

for

*Voracek (8.250 Million X 2) , Johnson (.925 Million) and Ceulemans (NCAA) = 9.125 Million

Canucks cap space after trade according to Capfriendly = $1,352,083

Canucks trade Voracek at 50% for additional savings of = $4,125,000

Total Canuck Cap space created by trade = $5,477,083

Note* Columbus can clear all 2023-2024 unwanted cap space by moving Pearson at TDL or the summer.

Note** Columbus keeps Jiricek and their 2023 1st 

Edited by J.I.A.H.N
  • Upvote 1