The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 18 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Los Angeles Kings - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

2 hours ago, mordekai said:

So we kept Dries up here but not Lockwood? Playing Stillman over Burroughs? What is happening to boudreau? he wants to lose?

Wants to prove management wrong in acquiring pilons for 2nd round picks... he is out of a job end of year so why not prove a point that management doesn't know what they are doing....

8 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I"m not whipping knives out or turning on Demko. I'm saying Martin should start tonight. He's been the better goalie. Simple. No emotion. We need wins.

People aren't  turning on Demko. From my view, people are simply saying run with the hotter goalie right now given the situation. I'd run with Martin tonight and give Demko Vegas because we need MVP goaltending against them and we need Martin to steal a game like tonight. 

And I've yet to make any implication you're personally doing anything throughout this discussion. 

Can't say I agree with that, I've seen plenty of dumping on Demko. But yes, I understand the running with the "hot" goaltender. We'll see how things play out regarding goaltending going forward. Maybe Demko bounces back, maybe Martin continues to eke out wins, maybe Martin falters. It'll be interesting to see how folks react if he does while Demko struggles.

Time will tell. 

39 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Do you guys remember that time about 23 years ago when this team was really bad, like 20-25 win team then they drafted some guys super high up and it changed the whole franchise for years to come? That was cool...

chris farley snl GIF

we can't outtank some of the other teams

• Upvote 1

REFEREES

Dan O’Rourke #9
DO09.jpg?resize=120,120
Graham Skilliter #24
GS24.jpg?resize=120,120
Games ’22-23 14 15
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 74 / 32 72 / 8
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1335 / 172 603 / 8
First NHL Game 10/2/99 1/28/13
Birthplace Calgary, AB La Ronge, SK

LINESMEN

Trent Knorr #74
2021_TK74.jpg?resize=120,120&ssl=1
Joe Mahon #89
hs_JM89.jpg?resize=120,120&ssl=1
Games ’22-23 14 6
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 75 / 4 0 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 566 / 24 6 / 0
First NHL Game 11/13/13 11/1/22
Birthplace Powell River, BC Calgary, AB
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Do you mean when they drafted that stud from the Plymouth Whalers,  who made the OHL All Rookie team in 1997 and OHL second all star team in 1999, silver medal winner at the 1999 WJHC? 

Yeah Bai, those were the days....but I'm a heavy equipment man now. That was my first passion. 

Drove truck 31 yrs. my back regrets it. 

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

REFEREES

Dan O’Rourke #9
DO09.jpg?resize=120,120
Graham Skilliter #24
GS24.jpg?resize=120,120
Games ’22-23 14 15
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 74 / 32 72 / 8
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1335 / 172 603 / 8
First NHL Game 10/2/99 1/28/13
Birthplace Calgary, AB La Ronge, SK

LINESMEN

Trent Knorr #74
2021_TK74.jpg?resize=120,120&ssl=1
Joe Mahon #89
hs_JM89.jpg?resize=120,120&ssl=1
Games ’22-23 14 6
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 75 / 4 0 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 566 / 24 6 / 0
First NHL Game 11/13/13 11/1/22
Birthplace Powell River, BC Calgary, AB

Dear lord…..

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

And I've yet to make any implication you're personally doing anything throughout this discussion. 

Can't say I agree with that, I've seen plenty of dumping on Demko. But yes, I understand the running with the "hot" goaltender. We'll see how things play out regarding goaltending going forward. Maybe Demko bounces back, maybe Martin continues to eke out wins, maybe Martin falters. It'll be interesting to see how folks react if he does while Demko struggles.

Time will tell. 

I never said you were but I was just making it clear for the record just in case.

I think a lot of the frustration this season stems from knowing we do have great goaltending - starter and backup - yet here we are squandering and struggling. 

Agree, though, it will be interesting and time will tell. 

Well to me it seems no matter what player are on any line doesn't matter there is not enough will to win.  

Adding players but keeping the core the same does not work.

Till trades are made we will keep playing the same game.  

Clean house with a new coach and core and we might win games.

The team defensively and from a goaltending standpoint is struggling. 

The team needs puck support. Back up your team mates, keep shots to the outside so Demko can see them. And put pressure on the other end of the ice. 

Stop the dump and chase. Puck possession. The opposing team can't get shots if we have the puck. 

Did losing Shaw and Walker really mess up our team that bad? 

Might be something to Shaw, considering how well Philly is doing. (Well in comparison, they seem to be coming back to Earth after a hot start.) 

Edited by Ghostsof1915

10 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I never said you were but I was just making it clear for the record just in case.

I think a lot of the frustration this season stems from knowing we do have great goaltending - starter and backup - yet here we are squandering and struggling. 

Agree, though, it will be interesting and time will tell. 

The goaltending bit is an odd one, you know where I stand in terms of what I think should have been done over the summer, or what should be done now, but even I wasn't expecting this. The goaltending or the record.

A second historically bad start in a row, it's hard to say how things play out.

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The Hockey Guy is going to the game tonight. But I think Deb is a bigger celebrity. 

And I’m still in Campbell River so we can finally clear up the rumour that I am not The Hockey Guy. 

Also for clarification, I have hair still :lol:

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1