The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Tyson Jost

5 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Still young. Has obviously struggled, but this team is terrible. What do we have to lose? I'd vote yes. Send Hoglander and Podkolzin down get them out of this toxic situation. Let them thrive down in the minors, bring in low risk moves like this and see what happens.

are hoglander and podkolzin waiver exempt?

High pick, remember watching him when he was with the Penticton Vees...seems high BCHL draft picks aren't worth the risk. Jost, Newhook trending in wrong direction.

If we had the cap space I would say we should take a flyer on Jost, but with Lazar coming back we don't have the room to make it happen.

3 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

A young center to replace Bo or Miller once traded. Makes sense age wise and can PK.

He would never replace Horvat or Miller.. Jost 13th or 14th player at best look at his stats going to be 25 in March..

Big Big No...   Rather develop young forward we already have...

30 minutes ago, wildcam said:

He would never replace Horvat or Miller.. Jost 13th or 14th player at best look at his stats going to be 25 in March..

Actually, it would be beyond stupid for us to not put in a claim for Jost.  But I seriously doubt the club’s ahead of us in the waiver wire don’t pluck him first, so the point is MOO (as Joey says) anyway. 

image.jpeg.6b092db1cc3371a26074b3700b2505a9.jpeg

• There it is 1

49 minutes ago, wildcam said:

D-Day Escape Room GIF by Escape Hunt UK

Feels like I'm getting a telegram!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Hard no.

2 million dollars and for a guy who has no bottom line and doesn't compete. Takes a lot of lazy penalties and just doesn't skate hard enough. Already have Brock and Pearson who do that, don't need another one. 

Lazy penalties?  Hell, he'll fit right in!

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, granpappy said:

are hoglander and podkolzin waiver exempt?

Aye, both of them. Honestly, sending them down right now is 100% what I want them to do. Neither is excelling this year and making it worth having them on the big team. I'd rather then down in the A playing top line minutes then 4th line or on the press box absorbing the stink that is this team right now.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Quantum said:

His cap hit is too high for the Canucks to claim. My suspicion is that if Jost clears, he'll be traded to a team that likes the flexibility that he doesn't need waivers to be called up/sent down.

I do feel bad for the guy. I read an article on The Athletic about how gutted he was to be traded away from the Avs this past season as they went on to win the cup. I can see that still affecting him into the season.

I thought the whole point of waivers is that the player only clears for the team he is currently with...it's intended to keep teams from burying players away from other NHL teams so that the player gets a chance to compete at the NHL level, not the AHL level (built in the CBA from the NHLPA side). If he gets picked up then I believe that the team that claims him must keep him on their NHL roster. If he doesn't cut it again in the NHL and that team now wants to send him down, he must pass through waivers again (ie/ see Anton Forsberg from a couple years ago / Eric Comrie a couple years before that).

4 minutes ago, AK_19 said:

I'd take him on the roster over sheldon dries.

Exactly!  This is exactly why we shouldn’t be (foolishly) up against th3 cap like we are.  When guys like Jost come up on waivers we need to be in a position to get them.  

• Cheers 1

I see no excitement from this pick. I do not think this guy is a sam bennet being utilized poorly.

Undersized

a muffin shot

Fake centre, he is not utilized there often.

7th most utilized forward on the PK in minnesota playing 1:10 a game,

had one decent pk year with colorado in the year they traded him, we would be picking them up for this performance.

I don't feel this helps us in the long run, and if even he is a improvement over dries, why bother? are we not tanking?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

I see no excitement from this pick. I do not think this guy is a sam bennet being utilized poorly.

Undersized

a muffin shot

Fake centre, he is not utilized there often.

7th most utilized forward on the PK in minnesota playing 1:10 a game,

had one decent pk year with colorado in the year they traded him, we would be picking them up for this performance.

I don't feel this helps us in the long run, and if even he is a improvement over dries, why bother? are we not tanking?

Moo point.  Jost will be claimed by both teams lower than us. 

13 hours ago, ABNuck said:

I thought the whole point of waivers is that the player only clears for the team he is currently with...it's intended to keep teams from burying players away from other NHL teams so that the player gets a chance to compete at the NHL level, not the AHL level (built in the CBA from the NHLPA side). If he gets picked up then I believe that the team that claims him must keep him on their NHL roster. If he doesn't cut it again in the NHL and that team now wants to send him down, he must pass through waivers again (ie/ see Anton Forsberg from a couple years ago / Eric Comrie a couple years before that).

Nope,  once he clears he can be traded and don’t have to be put through waivers again as he is already down in the minors.

Every team had their chance to claim him, that is what waivers are for.

If he get gets claimed on waivers, he had to clear waivers again if the team picking him wants to send him down.  There are a bunch of special rules on that scenario about how soon it is and who gets first dibs.