The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Tyson Jost

Warhippy’s boy on waivers.

Damn this guy had so much potential.

That 2016 draft is looking worse and worse each day. So much for being the “2nd deepest draft of the decade”.

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

His cap hit is too high for the Canucks to claim. My suspicion is that if Jost clears, he'll be traded to a team that likes the flexibility that he doesn't need waivers to be called up/sent down.

I do feel bad for the guy. I read an article on The Athletic about how gutted he was to be traded away from the Avs this past season as they went on to win the cup. I can see that still affecting him into the season.

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I think he makes sense to claim.  He is Hoglander, but good on the PK.  Hoglander is not good at anything.

Hard disagree, Hoglander is an excellent forechecker and has tons of skill. On the other hand, his confidence meter is running at 0 and has been since last year. He needs time in the A

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Warhippy’s boy on waivers.

Damn this guy had so much potential.

That 2016 draft is looking worse and worse each day. So much for being the “2nd deepest draft of the decade”.

And this is why we shouldn't get overly excited about them.    Not to mention how long it takes for some of these guys to stick.   Re-call quite a few CDCers drooling of Jost.    

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Why though?  They've already got an army of young guys in their lineup and waiting for a shot.   More like us.   Because like we need another forward. 

Was thinking a cheap fill-in with Norris out.  Dorion has had luck with waiver claims like this in the past.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

We actively have half of that right now with Pearson on IR. Sending down Pod or Hoglander saves us space. I don't feel like doing the exact math, but that's pretty damn close. I feel like we could wiggle the cap space without even making an out of market move.

… we have the option of running with fewer players since Abby is so close or putting one of our guys in LTIR.

If we wanted to we could fit him in.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Was thinking a cheap fill-in with Norris out.  Dorion has had luck with waiver claims like this in the past.

Dorian is pretty good for sure.   And Ottawa for a long time now, has made the Canucks and other's look like fools with later round picks.  Nonis ... we have to go all the way back to his first draft to find anything great.  Heffy.  Dorian is doing a good job for sure .  You might be right.   For me it's just why do they need another project like AG?    They've got such a deep system in place.   What they actually need is a Horvat or a Miller. 

Edited by IBatch

Also want to say this.   Wouldn't things be more fun, if the league and NHLPA decided not to disclose contracts?   I for one, would love that.   They can have their little game in closed doors.  And let us fools outside not whine and cry and complain about cap hits - and instead go back to the glory days when all we wanted to do was like a certain player or two or five or six on our own team because they worked their butts off.  

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Phat Fingers said:

Center.  Penalties.  Played with Brock in college I think.

dries is not working out atm.  

we need a player to give that one line some connection in the middle and it’s a freebie.  

send down stillman.

Just looking the thread.  
if jost has no compete, I do not see Rutherford bringing him into an already ‘fragile’ room.

no floaters.  I saw good play from Jost in the past.. but haven’t followed a wild game like ever unless they play the nucks