The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I have a different idea of what this direction this team needs to take for long-term success than you but you don't see me calling you names 

I enjoyed the game last night and it seemed like it finally clicked for them.  Like you, it doesn't change anything about the direction the team needs to gofor me, nor will it change for management because the bo/miller situation needs to be resolved before the deadline and that will forge the new direction

• Cheers 1

I have ridden the "positivity" train for too long. The last couple of seasons showed me how fragile this group really is, and I believe it will rear its ugly head at some point again in the future. This team is not built for consistent pressure, hitting and hustling for a full 60 minutes and definitely not for a full season and into the playoffs. 

There needs to be more balance and we are not there yet. The odd win here and there is nice though, just hoping this team realizes that they need to continue to do the small things to be successful.

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

I enjoyed the game last night and it seemed like it finally clicked for them.  Like you, it doesn't change anything about the direction the team needs to gofor me, nor will it change for management because the bo/miller situation needs to be resolved before the deadline and that will forge the new direction

Homer Simpson Hug GIF

We all want the best for the team. Our shared trauma manifests with different scars and different healing options but in the end we just want to to be united in a shared victory.

Except for mark messier fans. 

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
h
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

Homer Simpson Hug GIF

We all want the best for the team. Our shared trauma manifests with different scars and different healing options but in the end we just want to to be united in a shared victory.

Except for mark messier fans. 

I don't care so much about wins and losses.........I mean I want to see my team win, but mostly I want to see them play hard.  I can accept a loss if they're working hard

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 3

Canucks got really lucky in this game if it wasn't for a post and a crossbar and Demko finally returning to form after 2 months of crapping the bed the Kings would have probably won. Myers, Stillman still look like pylons and Miller and Aman are horrible in they're own zone at picking up reads?.....Sigh

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bure2Win said:

Canucks got really lucky in this game if it wasn't for a post and a crossbar and Demko finally returning to form after 2 months of crapping the bed the Kings would have probably won. Myers, Stillman still look like pylons and Miller and Aman are horrible in they're own zone at picking up reads?.....Sigh

Reads is a common problem with this team. So is it the players? Are we playing the wrong system? Myers when he keeps it simple is very effective. The problem is his reads, he seems to over commit and get stuck out of position. He's aptly named Chaos-Giraffe. I think his tall stature leads to him getting the wrong side of calls too. 

42 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He's steady, and rarely makes mistakes. Those are type of d-men we need. I thought Quinn's puck pursuit was one of the best I've seen this season. As sacrilegious as it seems. I don't care about defensemen getting goals, I want defencmen who can set up goals and help reduce the goals against with smart defensive play. 

Why the hell was he soo cheap lol! I can't believe we actually got great value in a trade 

44 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

The entire team is on an offensive tear. 

Are they? Garland has 9 in 17, Mikheyev has 9 in 15, Hoglander and Podkolzin have a combined 6 in 29 games.

I completely disagree the entire team is on a tear. It's actually a small handful of players putting up huge numbers. Brock is putting up huge numbers, but honestly near a ppg while playing poorly with reduced minutes is better then he probably should be. I won't argue he's playing well, but I'll definitely argue the value of a player who even while playing poorly gets their points.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I have a different idea of what this direction this team needs to take for long-term success than you but you don't see me calling you names 

Don't we have other threads for long-term success plans of CDC posters?

Can't we enjoy the team's success for a couple days?

Tear it up, trade xyz, this guy's no good, coach won't be here long, etc, etc.

Every thread degenerates into a pissing contest of who knows best.

I'll take management's and coaches' ideas of who knows best over that dither.

Especially after a solid win in the Post Game Thread.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I don't think it'd be that hard, it'd just be a hockey trade.......a team that has surplus d that needs some scoring help, salary out and salary in.  Boes is significantly overpaid, but on a short deal, which is a big plus.

I know he hasn't played up to your lofty standards, but how is a PPG player significantly overpaid when he's in the same stratosphere as some guys named Ovechkin, Matthews, Sheifele, Point, and more? Obviously you don't like the guy and that's your issue. And it's also clear that he needs to take his game to the next level. But to continually harp on the guy is ridiculous. If we can get a good return for the guy, great. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I did watch the game and he was fine, made some good plays even.  

Lost two board battles?

Freak Out Panic GIF

Send me your supplier's number because I want what you're smoking. Kid has the lowest IQ I've ever seen on a hockey rink. 9 times out of ten he makes the terrible play, instead of the safe one. Myers can only do so much to cover for him. 

37 minutes ago, stawns said:

They don't really have a cap dump to take but I wonder if Nashville is in a position to take on miller. Not sure how it can work but I'd love to see the baseline of the trade include jeanott and prokop lol! 

I don't think it's too far fetched to believe Nashville would pay for Miller. They have always signed those type of contracts.. But it looks like a 3rd line grinder with some hands ( +good potential ) and a solid D prospect for a PPG guy on a 40+goal pace signed through his prime. More spice will have to be added money and value wise but I don't have the answers for that :P