The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 5 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So I guess we can assume Burroughs is out again?

The stubbornness of trying to make Stillman-Myers work is ridiculous. 

Put Myers with Hughes and try and pump up his points. You’re not helping his value playing on the third pair with an AHLer.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Fans need to let go of the idea that we’ll be a contender in 2-3 years.

Its gonna take so much longer…

When you look at real contenders and how they got there we’re so far off track right now. We don’t have an abundance of picks or prospects to come in and fill roles on cheap contracts.

So basically we’ll be forced to wait several drafts and years to get there (which ownership isn’t willing to do), or try and spend our way to being a contender (which doesn’t work).

Depends what you mean by contender. At least a playoff team but not favorites, or among the favorites.  I'm referring to the former.  Like when nux were losing mostly in first rounds 2001-2004, second rounds or missing playoffs 2007-2010.  2011 and 2012 was when nux were favorites going in.   

Just now, Devron said:

Pair Stillman with Schenn. Maybe Schenn can knock some sense into him. 

Agreed.

He’s playing like a pussycat right now.

I thought at the very least we were getting a physical guy with a bit of a mean streak. I’m not seeing that at all.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Depends what you mean by contender. At least a playoff team but not favorites, or among the favorites.  I'm referring to the former.  Like when nux were losing mostly in first rounds 2001-2004, second rounds or missing playoffs 2007-2010.  2011 and 2012 was when nux were favorites going in.   

I’m just going off what you said which was being a “real contender” in 2-3 years.

We’ll be lucky if we’re in the playoffs in 2-3 years.

1 hour ago, mll said:

Not quite.  Most is speculation.  

He thinks they aren't close with Horvat.  They were trying to get him signed in the high 6's/low 7's in the off-season and with the signings of Cs like Hintz and co, it's out of that stratosphere now.  He points to the Miller signing where the team upped their offer to get him signed, so that could still happen with Horvat but right now it's not looking good. 

Demko is speculation.  He wonders if Rutherford could decide to move him if they are going to start over a bit, given that there are quite a few teams looking for goalies right now.  

On Schenn also speculation.  Thinks it's someone that will draw a lot of interest and says what they do with him will be telling re their direction.

Thank you for clarifying. There's a big difference between speculation and a rumour. Something Canucks fans will never understand...

• Cheers 1