The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t agree at all.

Sometimes players get buried especially on deep teams like Tampa. 

That’s like saying Miller could never be a top 6 player cause he couldn’t crack the top 6 in Tampa.

No, he’s being exposed because he can’t pivot or skate well enough to keep up, Luke Schenn looks like Hughes compared to him. He’s got Juolevi syndrome and there is no cure for that unfortunately.

Just now, grandmaster said:

Jake Muzzin is done for the rest of the year…Schenn for a first

I don’t think Toronto wants to give up those assets or have them left after the ROR deal. Tyler Myers on the other hand goes for cheap and fills the Muzzin hole perfectly if that’s the route they choose. 

36 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

40 posts in, you're tired?

Buckle up.

So I originally became a member on here in like 2007 or 2008. Ended up leaving for a while and maybe 2012 Kind of came back chatting couple years after then took a break and lost all my information to get in. So here I am with the brand new name. I recognize some names. Some are new to me although I guess that could have been changed. But yeah, I think I probably haven't posted since 2019. I ended up doing a little traveling across Asia and europe and then I just decided let's get back going. But actually what I meant by tire some was this argument that most second rounders or third rounders don't turn into NHL players. While that is true, if we look at the superstars that have come out of let's say the second round then that is why I call it a tire. Some argument. In my opinion you need to have bullets in the gun. Especially when you are losing team. You can't be trading those pics for other teams cast offs. Just my two cents haha

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, myre said:

So I originally became a member on here in like 2007 or 2008. Ended up leaving for a while and maybe 2012 Kind of came back chatting couple years after then took a break and lost all my information to get in. So here I am with the brand new name. I recognize some names. Some are new to me although I guess that could have been changed. But yeah, I think I probably haven't posted since 2019. I ended up doing a little traveling across Asia and europe and then I just decided let's get back going. But actually what I meant by tire some was this argument that most second rounders or third rounders don't turn into NHL players. While that is true, if we look at the superstars that have come out of let's say the second round then that is why I call it a tire. Some argument. In my opinion you need to have bullets in the gun. Especially when you are losing team. You can't be trading those pics for other teams cast offs. Just my two cents haha

Yeah I agree, you're hoping to get an impact player as compared to a player who is most likely shown his ceiling or trajectory already. Seen so many castoffs come and go and not much in the way of success there. The one thing we haven't done is load up on picks in any given period and then go from there. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah I agree, you're hoping to get an impact player as compared to a player who is most likely shown his ceiling or trajectory already. Seen so many castoffs come and go and not much in the way of success there. The one thing we haven't done is load up on picks in any given period and then go from there. 

Absolutely this!! NHL coaches, scouts, management, etc. Are the best in the world at what they do. The idea that they are going to miss something or give up on a player is possible but isn't that likely. I agree with you  100% loading up on our own picks is the route to go. In fact, I would argue most all successful NHL franchises have drafted lots and not moved second round picks for players that have been given up by other teams.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pbhatti00 said:

Zaitsev just got a 2nd and a 4th hopefully we get at least a late first from a contender ! 

We certainly don't want a return anywhere near what he got haha

Edited by myre
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Waiting for Schenn to be traded for a 3rd round pick and all the hating that's about to happen because they thought he'll get more than that.

I can accept a third may be his value in a trade, I don't agree with it seeing other deals and players in similar scenarios and think he is a 2nd + in value. Not being an NHL person and simply a fan I guess I may not know what the hell I am talking about. I think he is dealt for a 2nd minimum, prepared for the reality check that a 3rd is the return though.

• Cheers 2

Anyone advocating for Foote, if we offered Tampa the Second we end up trading Schenn for they would take that and run. There is a reason for that as draft capital is worth its weight in gold and especially in the top 2 rounds. This draft in particular is supposed to have tons of Dmen go in the 2nd and it could also be used to trade down if we see a player sitting there with our pick or the Isles pick. With us having 2 first round picks potentially having 2 seconds could be humongous towards securing a Mitchkov/Smith and Reinbacher. 

6 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

Anyone advocating for Foote, if we offered Tampa the Second we end up trading Schenn for they would take that and run. There is a reason for that as draft capital is worth its weight in gold and especially in the top 2 rounds. This draft in particular is supposed to have tons of Dmen go in the 2nd and it could also be used to trade down if we see a player sitting there with our pick or the Isles pick. With us having 2 first round picks potentially having 2 seconds could be humongous towards securing a Mitchkov/Smith and Reinbacher. 

I really want another 1st so we can try to get  Pellinka and Reinbacher on top of the forward we take with our pick. 

10 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

You’re assuming we can even get a 2nd for Schenn.

The argument was Foote over a 3rd.

2 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

I really want another 1st so we can try to get  Pellinka and Reinbacher on top of the forward we take with our pick. 

I agree and depending how far Reinbacher climbs up the rankings we still might be leaving with both. That would be the 2 best Den in the draft and both RHD. 

Incredible if you ask me, 3 years from now their value would be tremendous due to position and Blue Chip.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You’re assuming we can even get a 2nd for Schenn.

The argument was Foote over a 3rd.

Canucks have been reported to be super tight lipped right now due to a mole and leaks, no way he goes for a 3rd as a second was offered last year and we turned it down, he’s having a way better year this year. 

Nux acquired Nate Schmidt from Vegas for a 3rd then traded him to Wpg for a 3rd.

Return for Schenn is most likely a 3rd which will be very disappointing as his wife is pregnant and due on trade deadline day and Schenn is a leader in the room and well liked and a decent player.

Get a 2nd or don't trade him please.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Nux acquired Nate Schmidt from Vegas for a 3rd then traded him to Wpg for a 3rd.

Return for Schenn is most likely a 3rd which will be very disappointing as his wife is pregnant and due on trade deadline day and Schenn is a leader in the room and well liked and a decent player.

Get a 2nd or don't trade him please.

I think there’s a lot of market demand for Schenn compared to Schmidt though. Schmidt was basically a Vegas cap dump and then a “didn’t work out in Vancouver” dump. Schenn can fit into any teams cap with no retention and there’s no commitment to him and he’s a cup winner which teams will want dearly because he’s been there before. Someone will pay a 2nd or else a 3rd with a decent prospect. No doubt in my mind. The market is very much in our favor with Schenn. 

48 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I can accept a third may be his value in a trade, I don't agree with it seeing other deals and players in similar scenarios and think he is a 2nd + in value. Not being an NHL person and simply a fan I guess I may not know what the hell I am talking about. I think he is dealt for a 2nd minimum, prepared for the reality check that a 3rd is the return though.

This is what I’ve been saying.