The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'm sure they'd discuss if he wants to go or not.........with a new baby, he might not care and want to stay with his family.  

Yeah wouldn't surprise me if they respected his wishes on the matter.

I'm sure they could get set up in Tampa pretty quick though.

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Yeah wouldn't surprise me if they respected his wishes on the matter.

I'm sure they could get set up in Tampa pretty quick though.

tampa doesn't really have anything I'd want, unless they were willing topart with perbix

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm sure they'd discuss if he wants to go or not.........with a new baby, he might not care and want to stay with his family.  

Can always flip him to the Coilers for their 2nd and he doesn't have far to go after the season is over. For me the key is to involve Luke in any trade discussion with the hope he comes back after the season. He's our new Willie Mitchell and we all know what happened when Willie was allowed to walk away :(

3 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Can always flip him to the Coilers for their 2nd and he doesn't have far to go after the season is over. For me the key is to involve Luke in any trade discussion with the hope he comes back after the season. He's our new Willie Mitchell and we all know what happened when Willie was allowed to walk away :(

depends what the return is for me.  If it's just a pick or so so player, I'd rather they keep and re-sign him.  That said, depending on what he wanted

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

depends what the return is for me.  If it's just a pick or so so player, I'd rather they keep and re-sign him.  That said, depending on what he wanted

Obviously Schenn is a leader and a player for our Canucks. He'd be such for any team. Hearing that he likes it in Vancouver, for me, makes it even tougher to let go of someone who wants to stay. That being said, the business of professional hockey must go on. If we benefit in a trade for Schenn, then we'd be obtuse not to make that move. Besides, after he wins another cup with TB, Colorado or whoever, he can come back, sign a retirement contract with us and live happily ever after with his family in Westcoast bliss! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BPA said:

Apparently BOS and TB have reached out to the Canucks about Schenn.

Schenn is the perfect fit for Boston right now. Plays a similar game to Chara.

I know the rumour is that Canucks want a 2nd rounder for Schenn, but I don't think Bostons super late 2nd rounder will do it.

Would love to see a Boeser + Schenn package to Boston.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

They should resign him to a 2 year. He loves it here. He is a great leader. His wife is about to have a child here. He seems like a Tocchet type of guy. He wants to be here. 

Or have the discussion of "hey, we aren't saying we are going to bring you back but I wouldn't tell your wife to pack" or something along those lines. 

19 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Schenn is the perfect fit for Boston right now. Plays a similar game to Chara.

I know the rumour is that Canucks want a 2nd rounder for Schenn, but I don't think Bostons super late 2nd rounder will do it.

Would love to see a Boeser + Schenn package to Boston.

I'd take their 2025 2nd, they could be a different team sooner than later if Bergeron or Krejci move on, let alone Pastrnak

Boston doesn't have a 2nd this season or next

No guarantee it'd be a late 2nd, if anything there's a better chance it wouldn't be imo

Edited by Coconuts

30 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

What do you think Schenn should fetch the Canucks?

Foote without adding an unnecessary 3rd at least. Schenn's probably worth a 2nd or 3rd + on his own.

Look what we paid for an arguably better D in Bear, with retention. Bottom pair/spare D are frequently available for peanuts, and even occasionally on waivers. 

• Like 1

Just now, aGENT said:

Foote without adding an unnecessary 3rd at least. Schenn's probably worth a 2nd or 3rd + on his own.

Look what we paid for an arguably better D in Bear, with retention. Bottom pair/spare D are frequently available for peanuts, and even occasionally on waivers. 

Are we better off with a second rounder or with Cal Foote?  

11 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Josh Mahura :picard: don't remind me.

I would say Schenn this trade deadline is valued higher than Brett Kulak was last year. He was traded to Edmonton for a 2nd, prospect dman, and a 7th.

I would think Schenn could land Foote alone with a pick to agreed. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Josh Mahura :picard: don't remind me.

I would say Schenn this trade deadline is valued higher than Brett Kulak was last year. He was traded to Edmonton for a 2nd, prospect dman, and a 7th.

I would think Schenn could land Foote alone with a pick to agreed. 

Exactly.

And I'm not that high on Foote @Bure_Pavel 6'3", under 25 or otherwise. He simply doesn't have that high of a ceiling.

• Cheers 1

I think PA is delaying the inevitable of putting Pears and Mik on LTIR until closer to the TDL. Why show

his cards until he's ready to play the game.  Nucks would have $8m in LTIR which could be utilized to add to

a trade for a player that fits the team.

I'm thinking Boston is tasting the SC and really want to do something that will seal it for them.  Imagine if

the Bruins had the cap hit to acquire a player like P.Kane for their SC run.

The only player I really want from the Bruins is Frederic.  So...

Craig Smith UFA (cap dump $3.10)    for     3rd rounder (or Schenn if he will go).

Federic RFA $1.05

Add to Bruins cap space (3.25) they will have $7.50m for TDL addition(s).

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I'd take their 2025 2nd, they could be a different team sooner than later if Bergeron or Krejci move on, let alone Pastrnak

Boston doesn't have a 2nd this season or next

No guarantee it'd be a late 2nd, if anything there's a better chance it wouldn't be imo

Good point, I didn't actually look to see what picks Boston has in stock.

Without a 2nd there might not be an easy trade for Schenn on his own.

Maybe add Boes into the mix for a package deal starts to make sense for both teams..

Love schenn. He’s a bottom pairing guy who can play up the line-up if needed. Character, class, truculence. He’s a great add for a playoff run. B+ prospect/second, maybe a first. 

He took a cheap deal to be here, and if he wants to re-sign and not be traded I’d be happy keeping him. Happier if he’s willing to be traded and sign here in the summer. He is the vet culture we need - and I want to see him in a Canucks sweater as long as he wants to wear one and can be effective on the ice. I’m on team rebuild/heavy retool, but Schenn is a keeper.

• Cheers 2