The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

What happened to Stan Smyl. Remember his press conference last year about being tired of watching this team be too easy to play against.

Then JR got hired and I haven't heard or seen much since 

That was Steamer getting royally screwed.  He was clearly under the impression he was going to be GM for a while when they trotted him out for a press conference.  He had no idea they had already hired a guy.

Anyone who has left, even up to Rachel Dorrie has mentioned him when saying there are some great people in the organization.

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, OldFaithfulCap said:

we haven't seen him do this, hopefully the interest level will be high so we can pull out a good pick and prospect.

Not confident but can't prejudge yet

Just like tonight's game, where it was an obvious Blues victory - an underwhelming hockey trade, is coming for Bo, instead of what Sakic got for Duchesne: Byram & Girard.  Only, in my dream that Allvin has the creativity to make a trade...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not specifically for SV% and PK, but this gives an overview on other stats like W, L, GF, GA, etc.:

https://records.nhl.com/van/franchises/vancouver-canucks/season-by-season-record

Thanks.

I found that site and https://hockey-reference.com/teams/VAN/ but nothing with year-by-year SV% and PK stats.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Come on man....excuses, excuses, excuses. Some of their wins were horrible against horrible teams. I am sorry but I want a team that plays with structure even when they win. They have let 3 or more goals in 29/31 games. It's a crap product.

When we beat teams that go through the flu it’s always been they had the flu they weren’t 100% etc.

IF there is numerous Canucks with the flu it is a valid reason this small string of games have been worse than abysmal. 

This was a wildcard team at best with all the cards lining up perfectly so obviously illness especially mass illness would lead to the team playing like dog shit, even more so than normal. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

When we beat teams that go through the flu it’s always been they had the flu they weren’t 100% etc.

IF there is numerous Canucks with the flu it is a valid reason this small string of games have been worse than abysmal. 

This was a wildcard team at best with all the cards lining up perfectly so obviously illness especially mass illness would lead to the team playing like dog shit, even more so than normal. 

Ok, I am sure that's the issue. 

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

• Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Could someone explain what Rebuild options we have given our current contracts.

Myers, Horvat, Boeser, OEL, Garland, Pearson, Schenn - what assets could we get? Will we improve our Cap space?

In the short term.

Kuz, Schenn and Horvat are your high return guys. Miller could be too but he'd be hard to move.

Then you'd look to try to move Boeser and Garland in the long-term. With those guys out in opens up more playtime for Boeser/Garland. Pump them up.

Pearson/Myers if you can next year. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

2 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

could be.

still quite a poor excuse to lose 5-1 on back to back games.

Why is it a poor excuse?  Assuming that's what happened, not being able to play a physical game like hockey when you're ready to puke or run to the bathroom seems to me to be a perfectly good excuse for poor play.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1