The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. New York Islanders | Jan. 3rd, 2023 | SNP, 7:00PM PT | New Years Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Seattle is legit.

Its almost like they used analytics to build a team and didn’t just hand out 6 million dollar contracts to whoever was available…

No, they won’t be legit until they get a goaltender 

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It's amounted to what? Yes he's been great at adding to his individual stats but it hasn't taken his team to the next level. I still think some people on here get so excited about individual stats. The team is in the same place as last year. Whooopee!

Let go of your Bo-hate man, lol. Celebrate greatness. So far Bo has been GREAT, full stop. You can’t pin a damn thing about the overall team’s record on him.

9 minutes ago, -NucksFan said:

keep the Captain :frantic:

Unfortunately, due to 2 of the 3 Rookie mistakes our brand new inexperienced GM (P.A.) made. (resigning BB6 and Miller) the writing is on the wall for BO unless they "Man-Up" and admit they royally screwed up and dump those two liabilities.    I also suspect they actually want a change in leadership and why they really will trade Bo in the next few weeks but claim it's due to cap-issues.  That won't be an accident.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Seattle is legit.

Its almost like they used analytics to build a team and didn’t just hand out 6 million dollar contracts to whoever was available…

See as fans its boring to watch an analytics team with no superstars. I much rather have a high octane high scoring team who loses  a lot than a boring analytics team that happens to win more than they lose..

Winning matters to players more than fans because as fans we are entertained by fights goals moves etc not so much winning or losing, so Seattle having a plus 0.500 record isn't impressive if you don't have a sexy team to back it up.

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Millers gotta have a groin injury.

No way his skating has gotten this bad.

He did seem to be pumping his legs pretty good when he almost got a breakaway after getting out of the penalty box.

Seems selective when he tries or not.

Edited by GB5

3 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Not really, I blame 2 goals on Hughes.  Bad pass that put Myers in a bad spot.  And he was too slow to come back on the PP goal.  3rd one was definitely a pizza though.  

I count 3 odd man rushes directly his fault as well, which has exaggerated my vision of the goals. 

Fact is Myers has been AHL quality all game. We pay him 6 mil a year. He deserves to be benched next game

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1