The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson, Bo Horvat selected to 2023 NHL All-Star Game

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

15 hours ago, mll said:

3 spots per division but 1 is a goalie so really just 2 skater spots to vote Bo in for the Pacific.  

You mean 1 spot there’s no way draisaitl doesn’t end up at the all star just like every other year.. the perennial #2 point leader every year 

48 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I wonder if PA is upset they didn't pick his boy Still-Man - that he wasted an extremely valuable 2nd round pick on?

Worst small trade of all time.

A late 30s early 40s pick to take move 1.4m and take on 1.4 x 2 :lol:

I guess we can try to cope by saying it we also got bear... But we essentially paid a 2nd a a 5th to bring back 3m instead of just keeping Dickinson and our picks if we were going to waste the money regardless. I just can't even with this franchise :picard:

And I'm a diehard so I'll never stop watching or talking about them... Rough life we all live :P

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Worst small trade of all time.

A late 30s early 40s pick to take move 1.4m and take on 1.4 x 2 :lol:

I guess we can try to cope by saying it we also got bear... But we essentially paid a 2nd a a 5th to bring back 3m instead of just keeping Dickinson and our picks if we were going to waste the money regardless. I just can't even with this franchise :picard:

And I'm a diehard so I'll never stop watching or talking about them... Rough life we all live :P

I'm not sure how you do your math.

Can you explain?

Dickinson is 2mill650k, not 1,4

19 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I'm not sure how you do your math.

Can you explain?

Dickinson is 2mill650k, not 1,4

Stillman came back the other way.... 1.4m in

2.65m out

= 1.25m savings

So we paid a 2nd to move 1.25m

You can save 1m by waiving someone lol...

( I thought his caphit was 2.8m not 2.65 ) 

6 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Stillman came back the other way.... 1.4m in

2.65m out

= 1.25m savings

So we paid a 2nd to move 1.25m

You can save 1m by waiving someone lol...

( I thought his caphit was 2.8m not 2.65 ) 

Can you do that math again?

Waiwing someone adds 1 mill to the 1,25 mill. 

So I'm not sure how you do any math. 

Waiwing Stillman means 2,25 saved using your math. 

Stillman is still 24 years and it's young for a defender. So get rid of that contract will be easy if we need to. 

4 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Can you do that math again?

Waiwing someone adds 1 mill to the 1,25 mill. 

So I'm not sure how you do any math. 

Waiwing Stillman means 2,25 saved using your math. 

Stillman is still 24 years and it's young for a defender. So get rid of that contract will be easy if we need to. 

We didn't waive Stillman though lol. And please never suggest anything positive about Stillman other than being a tank commander because that's all he is 

ASG has lost its appeal since they screwed with the format and made it the World against North America and just kept going with it to garner interest.   Now it's  even more gaudy since they decided to give out participation ribbons to every team to garner interest.   Used to be a game id circle on the calender and look forward too.  The actual game especially.      Now it's got a bizzare campy the circus is in town vibe.   Trying not to be grouchy about it.   But it's also why Crosby is in just his fifth appearance, and EP is (and this year deserving so) in his third already.    Under the old format the best players went, teams that sucked sat out.    And getting an all-star selection meant something.   It's sullied.   Used to be the best on best.   It's hasn't been for quite awhile now, better more deserving players get the time off.   And i'm pretty sure the players know this and have lost interest too.   Don't remember anyone saying no thanks rather have the time off growing up, maybe i'm wrong.    Yes there used to be one or two questionable selections based on players close to retirement, but that was about it.  Keller?  Really.   And sad to say Horvat didn't earn it either.   Now he does how ironic. 

• Like 1