The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

33 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Revisit after the season wraps up? Could be more trade options for "young centers" closer to the summer given teams would have more time to address their rosters. 

Zucker will also be off their books. 

Sounds oddly similar to the last time Miller was probably going to be traded in the summer. 

36 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I think the issues I have with Miller are mostly character ones, as I generally like his game. To dog it so bad at times under Boudreau, then suddenly flip a switch and work so much harder under Tocchet….hard to really buy into a guy who might have a bit of “coach killer” in him. This is in addition to all other things swirling about in terms of whether he’s liked by his teammates, etc. People in his corner tout his “fiery” persona, whereas I’m more likely to view him a bit of a jack ass.

Not sure I’m especially keen on 7 more years of his act. And thus it’s why I wouldn’t be too shook if he’s gone today. Put the chances of it happening at around 20% though, so I’d better start trying to reconcile my feelings with this player, eh? It does seem as though he’s been on his “best behaviour” under Tocchet. But what about the next coach? And the way we go through coaches, the one after that? 

You canuck fans are hilarious. You don't like a guy with a fiery attitude, that hates to lose. Oh I get it, you're used to 15 years of soft players like the sedins who get slapped and don't do anything about it.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This team just doesn't understand the concept of short term pain, long term gain does it?

The team has lived through it for over a decade now. It's the hapless, dinkleflicked owner and his attentive management hecubuses that seem ill-advised on the concept.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ilwu5hunnid said:

You canuck fans are hilarious. You don't like a guy with a fiery attitude, that hates to lose. Oh I get it, you're used to 15 years of soft players like the sedins who get slapped and don't do anything about it.

I love a fiery attitude. Want to see players throttling the opposition. If Calgary wanted us to take Lucic as a camp dump, I'd be all over it. 

I find an inane approach to communicating the sign of a dullard though. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Ilwu5hunnid said:

Breaking news:  Canucks trade Finn to Philadelphia for Gritty.   Alvin:  We needed more grit.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Sounds oddly similar to the last time Miller was probably going to be traded in the summer. 

Could be

Zucker is a big one though, he helps them compete now and he's got a limited NTC

He also fills the spot Miller would presumably fill right now

24 minutes ago, Ilwu5hunnid said:

Don’t lump us in with this group. Most of us, including me, love JT. Most of these other guys want him traded for futures due to the timeline issue of competitiveness, which I don’t get. I believe JT will be a good player well into his early 30’s. Regardless of this reason, most of those guys I mentioned do in fact like the player. 

Edited by grandmaster
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Ilwu5hunnid said:

It's just trendy to hate on Miller because of his contract and the fact that they chose him over Bo. 

9 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

My biggest issue with JT is that he clearly quit on Boudreau. 

But that wasn’t an issue with Bruce for you? Cmon that’s a double edged sword, Bruce wasn’t giving it his all, far to relaxed and that translates to the team and that pissed miller off that’s my take anyhow 

3 minutes ago, awalk said:

I hadn't thought about it that way. Bruce said a lot of good things about JT but yeah, you could be right.

He probably knew very well JT would not react well at all to public criticism. And let’s face it, he’s one prickly pear.

Look at other members of our “core”….none of them had the sudden uptick in quality of play once Bruce was fired like JT did. Character wise, I’d put EP far above. And people think JT is captain material. It could be entertaining….in the way some people find car crashes entertaining I suppose.

These are my thoughts currently. But I’m open to having my mind changed.

• Like 1