The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Oilers might not even make the playoffs though. If they are in the hunt that could be a trade partner. They can’t fit him under the cap though. Who do we take back? 

Oh no that means they are going to win the draft lottery. Good that the rules were changed so that they’d jump at most 10 spots. 

13 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Hard no.  Barrie is so bad in his own zone that he belongs in the AHL.  Not only are you hurting the team with his play in his own zone,. you're creating a culture where the young players think it's ok to play like complete trash defensively.  Let that useless bum rot in Edmonton.  Myers at least is a legit NHLer, unlike Barrie.

I know what your saying, but how can we possibly be any worse...I know it is not an ideal move but any cap space savings would be better than rolling out the same roster, with the same lack of success all while being cap strapped no!?

19 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

To van: 

Tyler bertuzzi (with new contract) 

To Detroit:

Jt Miller

Tyler bertuzzi fits the age group better and likely costs less than miller. Rumor is Detroit are not looking to retain bertuzzi

Didn't really seem like he was a big fan of Canada 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

To van: 

Tyler bertuzzi (with new contract) 

To Detroit:

Jt Miller

Tyler bertuzzi fits the age group better and likely costs less than miller. Rumor is Detroit are not looking to retain bertuzzi

Hard pass. I want to try Miller as much (more) then the next guy, but not for TB.

3 hours ago, Neutral said:

I know what your saying, but how can we possibly be any worse...I know it is not an ideal move but any cap space savings would be better than rolling out the same roster, with the same lack of success all while being cap strapped no!?

We finally don't have a Larsen/Weber/Hunt/Pouliot in the lineup; there is zero benefit in bringing in another defenceman who can't play defence.  You really, really don't want to create a culture where playing like Barrie is tolerated; it makes it harder to hold other guys accountable when he's allowed to disgrace the franchise with his outright refusal to even try to play like an NHLer.  Myers isn't a great fit but is a decent player; Barrie is absolute trash and is worse than useless.

Edited by King Heffy

Miller, although he struggled most of this season, is well known throughout the league and has an excellent body of work. I imagine a lot of teams, not just 4 are interested. When, not if JT regains his form, 8M per will be a sweetheart of a deal. 

As a big Miller fan, the only way I promote this is if we gut the team and go full rebuild. I prefer to keep him if they  don’t.  I’m sure other Miller fans here will feel the same.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Miller, although he struggled most of this season, is well known throughout the league and has an excellent body of work. I imagine a lot of teams, not just 4 are interested. When, not if JT regains his form, 8M per will be a sweetheart of a deal. 

As a big Miller fan, the only way I promote this is if we gut the team and go full rebuild. I prefer to keep him if they  don’t.  I’m sure other Miller fans here will feel the same.  

Fans on here definitely undervalue him. Other teams likely view his stats this year as an anomaly on a struggling team without their #1 goaltender.

I could see a Boeser trade with essentially cap dumps or projects coming back, but I’d expect decent assets in return for Miller. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Seravelli and guys on 650 right now talking the same as you.  Miller has value and is on a good contract for the player he is seen as around the league.  They did mention that Bo isn’t seen around the league as a player of Miller’s level.  

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Seravelli and guys on 650 right now talking the same as you.  Miller has value and is on a good contract for the player he is seen as around the league.  They did mention that Bo isn’t seen around the league as a player of Miller’s level.  

Interesting. I wonder how close their trade values are, with Miller extended, and Bo as a rental?

6 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

JR and PA underestimated :

1. What a convoluted mess they were inheriting

2.The frustration of the fans

3.The complexity of moving contracts and making trades in the flat cap covid era.

They ignored the elephant contracts in the room. 

1 minute ago, Kenny Powers said:

Interesting. I wonder how close their trade values are, with Miller extended, and Bo as a rental?

Good question.  Not too sure.  Seravelli did say that Bo’s value is seen as less outside our market than here, where 

Miller’s value was seen as more outside our market than here. 

• Cheers 1

On 1/7/2023 at 3:39 PM, Canucks Curse said:

You know my first thought was... current management is not smart enough to see what good thing this is... I bet there is some ask for salary retention though, but those teams all make sense

IF we trade Miller (I think we should, it makes the most sense to me), we will likely do it at the deadline and I think it would make total sense to retain up to 50% of the current contract but not the extension. I think that would maximize our return for a team wanting to go deep in the playoffs and may be interested in adding more than just Miller.

A lot of fans will disagree, but Miller, for his faults, is undeniably a player who has the ability to change the momentum of a game and it's outcome with his play.

If we retain 50% of the current deal, the return will be significant, better than fans or media really thing it will be, just like it was with Hamonic.

• Cheers 1