The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

14 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

He's not overpaid. I don't like Miller and I want him gone. But 8mil is fine for his production and game. If we eat 1mil for 7 years we sure as hell better get two 1st rounders, a top prospect, and a roster player (obviously to make the cap work.) That better be a quality roster player too. Even then, those picks will be mid to late 20s. I dunno man. I'd rather just dump the entire thing. Get a good prospect, a 1st rounder, and a cap dump.

So then I guess we got a heckuva'deal on OEL then(as the Deserted Mutts held a mill for 6 yrs)? Of course, that's a mournful topic these days. Only cite it to emphasize complete context of a trade is what it all boils down to.

If we land a great return(picks/youth), not sure I'd b*tch about 1 mill tied up. It might be more important to celebrate the 7 mill of JTM you've expunged. Every situation is unique, & demands a GM that'll consider every option available.

Just now, Coconuts said:

Around here? Always

Amongst the Canucks fanbase and amongst the NHL community? Absolutely 

Has our direction changed since this owner bought the club though?  It’s been sacrifice the future in hopes to win now since 2006.  I don’t see any different now.  What’s different?  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Has our direction changed since this owner bought the club though?  It’s been sacrifice the future in hopes to win now since 2006.  I don’t see any different now.  What’s different?  

The amount of apathy setting in amongst fans? We've been mediocre a looooong time

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

The amount of apathy setting in amongst fans? We've been mediocre a looooong time

All true.  But has our owner allowed management to change direction from his “sell the future to win now” course?  Even Allvin said this franchise isn’t going to rebuild.  Hell, we got a third for Hamonic and then traded it for a 26 year old Dermott.  We moved a second to clear Dickinson so we could bring in a 25 year old Bear.  I have yet to see any change in direction.  Our owner will not allow a change.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

All true.  But has our owner allowed management to change direction from his “sell the future to win now” course?  Even Allvin said this franchise isn’t going to rebuild.  Hell, we got a third for Hamonic and then traded it for a 26 year old Dermott.  We moved a second to clear Dickinson so we could bring in a 25 year old Bear.  I have yet to see any change in direction.  Our owner will not allow a change.  

Time will tell

I think a rebuild may be forced upon management by a roster that hasn't performed, doesn't matter what they want if the team they built can't get the needed results 

Which thus far it hasn't 

Just now, Coconuts said:

Time will tell

I think a rebuild may be forced upon management by a roster that hasn't performed, doesn't matter what they want if the team they built can't get the needed results 

Which thus far it hasn't 

3 smart trades, goodd usevof cap space and a coaching change and theyre back on track, imo.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Time will tell

Which thus far it hasn't 

Management has two years left in their three year contracts.  There is zero chance they will make rebuilding a priority.  Our owner wants his management to build a winner around the current core five.  Any moves will be to follow the owner’s direction.  

11 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

So then I guess we got a heckuva'deal on OEL then(as the Deserted Mutts held a mill for 6 yrs)? Of course, that's a mournful topic these days. Only cite it to emphasize complete context of a trade is what it all boils down to.

If we land a great return(picks/youth), not sure I'd b*tch about 1 mill tied up. It might be more important to celebrate the 7 mill of JTM you've expunged. Every situation is unique, & demands a GM that'll consider every option available.

The comparison fails cause Miller is entirely worth his cap. OEL was not, which is why he needed the retention. If we retain on Miller we should be getting a world of assets. Because his already good deal would be fantastic at 1mil retained.

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

The comparison fails cause Miller is entirely worth his cap. OEL was not, which is why he needed the retention. If we retain on Miller we should be getting a world of assets. Because his already good deal would be fantastic at 1mil retained.

Pretty much agree. Just hope our GM will evaluate fully(say these above two options, for example). It might be worthwhile to retain a bit, if the return were enhanced significantly.