The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sunday January 8 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets - 12pm PT/2pm CT/3pm ET - Canada Life Center

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

Offseason working on his shot, don't think this year is a fluke. For once we may trade or lose him and he stays a 40-50 goal scorer for the next 3 years. All he does is snipe goals out of nowhere.

Just now, Coconuts said:

I mean, he was scoring this way throughout the second half of last season, it's not outta nowhere

But yeah, he likely gone 

Making management look more and more dumb with each goal scored 

I know he had a fantastic finish to last season, but realistically would you have ever come into a season expecting Horvat to score 40-50 goals? I don't think I would have. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I mean our goaltending has been equally bad.

That Ehlers goal doesn’t go in on an NHL goaltender.

Yes true but we have to reply on AHL goaltending while Winnipeg doesn't have to. Why play around with a potential loss here when this game was circled as an auto win by Winnipeg? They need to change the goalie asap.

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

I had a thought

Green's system was a stifling defense-first system that kept the whole team back - 1 forechecker + taking long point shots that werent dangerous

OEL/Myers thrived as a defense-first shutdown pair

Boudreau bump came when he set the team loose and let them play offense. But they probably kept some of the good defensive habits from Green's system

Now all of the Green defending has worn off and its just fast and loose attacking, which accounts for the wildly different play from the OEL-Myers pair + Bo's offensive breakout

Pretty bang on my friend. 

• Like 1