The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edit- Rick Tocchet Expected To Be Next Head Coach

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

Just now, Neversummer said:

This mgmt team is the worst when it comes to treating one of the most important employee/leaders ... the coach!

Second worst might be the captain.  

(Unless it’s true he just wants out.)

Not a good way to do business either way.

I'm starting to look at listening and watching Vancouver Giants games. I'm pretty much at the end of the line here. 

Tocchet will be the last straw. 

This team is screwed up. Ownership/Management/Name/Jerseys. 

I feel sorry for Petey and others that didn't ask for this gong show. 

I feel sorry for Bruce. His assistants let him down. 

I might follow what's happening, but I'm too crushed to follow this team into the abyss. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm starting to look at listening and watching Vancouver Giants games. I'm pretty much at the end of the line here. 

Tocchet will be the last straw. 

This team is screwed up. Ownership/Management/Name/Jerseys. 

I feel sorry for Petey and others that didn't ask for this gong show. 

I feel sorry for Bruce. His assistants let him down. 

I might follow what's happening, but I'm too crushed to follow this team into the abyss. 

I'm at the point where I might even just pick a different team depending on what Bedard lands.

Just now, King Heffy said:

I'm at the point where I might even just pick a different team depending on what Bedard lands.

That depends where he lands. 

Arizona. NEVER

Anaheim. Nope

San Jose. Meh tolerable.

Chicago. Just stab me now

Columbus. Oh Bedard you poor bastard. 

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Extreme character issues including a criminal record and possible mob ties.  Why would anyone welcome this worthless piece of trash into the organization?

That is an impressive resume.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

That depends where he lands. 

Arizona. NEVER

Anaheim. Nope

San Jose. Meh tolerable.

Chicago. Just stab me now

Columbus. Oh Bedard you poor bastard. 

I could manage Anaheim with McTavish and Bedard, plus Zegras.  That would be a fun team to watch.

24 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Tocchet is enough of a cancer in the room ti nullify any risk of a coaching bump.

Wrong.

Here's why a coaching change now will lead to a bump in the most simplistic terms.  Even a "bad coach"

We are halfway done the season.  Teams have endless tape on the structure and plays of teams, from forward to defense to special teams on offense and the PK.  They have hundreds of hours of footage that their coaching staff and players have watched over and over again to familiarize themselves with the opposing team prior to game day.

Then, a new coach with a polar opposite mindset and vastly different systems steps in.  All of a sudden that tape is worthless.  They have studied french when the test is in german.  This gives the team with a coaching change and a talented forward group like ours a weapon that other teams can't counter because they haven't seen it.

Tocchet could come in and be awful, like Keenan awful; but it doesn't matter because wins will happen.  Our players will wear down fast and start hating life within 30 games or less, but wins will come.  A new coach will bump this team up in the wins columns just because nobody knows what to expect from them.

Essentially; even if Tocchet comes in and is the worst gd coach in canucks history, statistically he will still squeeze a solid winning record out of this team in his first 15 games which puts us out of contention for a solid lottery spot.  

Or in laymans terms, all 17.3 managers and their old boys club + aqua mans need for relevancy in the league will cost us a chance at a franchise defining centre; or possibly the greatest player since Mcdavid/Crosby who HAPPENS to be from Vancouver and happens to want nothing more than to play at home, possibly so much he'd take smaller contracts to do it.

We will hire Tocchet and Canuck Luck ourselves in to mediocrity.