The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Rutherford & Allvin

Rate this topic

MtnHockeyGuy

15 minutes ago, lmm said:

the other thing Sid says, that kind of flies under the radar is,

"If I were Petey or HUghes, I'd say get me out of here"

Some folks think we have til the end of their contracts to figure things out, it might be too late already

With JRs lack of exp. in the larger market (van) comparative to his prior teams media. He hasn’t made it easy on himself. And Patrick Allvin wtf has he been? If he can handle himself any better than jr ,nows  the time to step up. Only to keep Rutherford from disgracing the org even further 

Edited by chon derry
  • Huggy Bear 1

9 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Guenther wouldn't have helped this team at all.

Maybe we will see in 2-3 years when Guenther is a everyday NHL sniper. He’s learning the NHL pace right now. Canucks need one of those when we unload Boeser. And seeing how we aren’t close of being a contender, he absolutely would be a piece that would help this team. Sure will have a better future then a washed up OEL and a middle 6 forward in Garland. Time will prove this. Otherwise you can quote me and I’ll admit when I’m wrong. But I disagree. He would help this team score goals for us as he did for team Canada at the WJHC. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

On 1/15/2023 at 11:44 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Doesn't matter who the GM is. 

Benning has painted us into a corner. 

Brock and JT contracts haven't helped anything. 

The other signings have been ok. 

It's almost like Benning is still running the show. 

Which of the Bolded parts painted the team into a corner?

Look at the trade offers that we heard about for JT and Rathbone and tell me where the team would be in terms of cap.

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

Which of the Bolded parts painted the team into a corner?

Look at the trade offers that we heard about for JT and Rathbone and tell me where the team would be in terms of cap.

Signing players like Myers, OEL, etc. 

Overpaying and underperforming is not helping the team. 

Yeah it would have hurt to hold onto Loui and company. But after one season a lot of cap would have been freed up.

Pretty sure if Benning knew Jake and Gaudette would flame out and self destruct, he would have traded them when their value was high, and kept at least Tanev or Toffoli. 

Yeah there's a lot of hindsight is 20/20. 

But the team is in a jam. 

12 minutes ago, chon derry said:

With JRs lack of exp. in the larger market (van) comparative to his prior teams media. He hasn’t made it easy on himself. And Patrick Allvin wtf has he been? If he can handle himself any better than jr nows  the time to step up. Only to keep Rutherford from further disgracing the org further 

here is the thing about Pittsburgh

all of Sid, Gino and Letang were signed by Shero and/or Hextall

none were signed by Rutherford

I do believe letting Fleury go was JR's big move in Pittsburgh

So when JR says the core does not need to be moved, he is just hoping that he can get away with the same inaction that won him 2 cups in Pitt

I love Petey, but if I had the choice, I'd take Sid over Petey, Gino over Bo, Letang over Hughes and Fleury over Demko

and JR is not responsible for any of them

that makes JT Miller and Brock Boeser Jim's big catches. I'm sure he added some good players to Pittsburgh, but not the core

Jim and Patrick should be fired by the weekend

23 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lol blaming Cammi for year one in Seattle is ridiculous, very clear they actually had a plan and their success this season is proving that. 

They didn’t just suddenly improve cause Cammi left. 

Cammi was the last hire, after  Bruce, JR, Clancey, Dorrie, Castongauy then Granato

24 minutes ago, lmm said:

Cammi was the last hire, after  Bruce, JR, Clancey, Dorrie, Castongauy then Granato

On a side note, I miss Ray's hits on sports talk radio here.  I can only surmise that his absence is because he doesn't want to inadvertently blurt out a spontaneous, but truthful, opinion on Canucks management, and have to sleep on the couch.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, lmm said:

here is the thing about Pittsburgh

all of Sid, Gino and Letang were signed by Shero and/or Hextall

none were signed by Rutherford

I do believe letting Fleury go was JR's big move in Pittsburgh

So when JR says the core does not need to be moved, he is just hoping that he can get away with the same inaction that won him 2 cups in Pitt

I love Petey, but if I had the choice, I'd take Sid over Petey, Gino over Bo, Letang over Hughes and Fleury over Demko

and JR is not responsible for any of them

that makes JT Miller and Brock Boeser Jim's big catches. I'm sure he added some good players to Pittsburgh, but not the core

Jim and Patrick should be fired by the weekend

He added Gudbranson to the Penguins.....

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I was talking about Seattle

oops , was replying to the post you quoted

I was agreeing with you

Daz does bring up an interesting point about why she left so soon, though

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, lmm said:

oops , was replying to the post you quoted

I was agreeing with you

Daz does bring up an interesting point about why she left so soon, though

She lives in Vcr as does her husband and family. This was a chnace that would never come around a gain

• Huggy Bear 1

6 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

Maybe we will see in 2-3 years when Guenther is a everyday NHL sniper. He’s learning the NHL pace right now. Canucks need one of those when we unload Boeser. And seeing how we aren’t close of being a contender, he absolutely would be a piece that would help this team. Sure will have a better future then a washed up OEL and a middle 6 forward in Garland. Time will prove this. Otherwise you can quote me and I’ll admit when I’m wrong. But I disagree. He would help this team score goals for us as he did for team Canada at the WJHC. 

Goal scoring is not our issue. It's our defense.

7 hours ago, DSVII said:

He would, by virtue of costing $13 mil less for the next few years and bumping up the prospect pool significantly. We could have kept both Bo and Kuz with this money.

The fact you're even trying to sweep the OEL trade under the rug and saying Miller was the franchise crippling move speaks to the bias man. Let's not forget the $13 million dollar D-pairing that is currently playing replacement level hockey right now. You can't just write off the last 8 years of mistakes and pin the pent up fanbase frustration on JR to keep the shine on Benning.

Just a few months ago you were propping up the fact that with JR and PA choosing to keep the team together, it was validation that Benning built a good roster.

No matter many times you try to pin this on JR and Gillis and no matter how many times to you repeat this, the fact remains Benning is going to be a managerial case study of what not to do in the salary cap era for decades to come.

Using your logic, the lack of young players under Gillis should've given the Canucks options so that they didn't have to sign expensive UFAs or make costly trades. We missed a ton of depth because of Gillis. Missing 33 out of 37 picks is inexcusable.

It's funny how your logic doesn't work that way though.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The.Burrowers said:

These clowns gotta go along with Aquaman.  We need more Sell the Team chants.

I was shocked to see Linden making an appearance tonight. Such a first class guy and how Aqua hired and fired him was just so wrong. Linden had a plan and Aqua said f**k that I want to make the playoffs. The rest is history… that keeps repeating again and again and again.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

7 hours ago, FaninMex said:

You mean after they got rid of her and made some trades

No, before the trades when she was in on scouting the drafted guys. As I mentioned, six of the Seattle seven d-men were original draft picks. Somebody had to be part of the scouting crew that identified those guys. And they didn't actually get rid of her, she was hired away based on the work she had already done in helping build the Kraken. The bigger issue is why do you want to diminish Cammi Granato's ability? Threatened by competent females in a field you don't think they should be in?

• Haha 1