The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wednesday January 18 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Happy to have a game....layoffs in between are empty. I find most of our games pretty exciting, even if the results aren't there. Lots of goals.

Let's go Canucks!

you can bet on lots of goals on Youcanbetonanythinganytime.com 

PS- don't forget to do your predict the score...you sometimes forget after a layoff lol

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

Happy to have a game....layoffs in between are empty. I find most of our games pretty exciting, even if the results aren't there. Lots of goals.

Let's go Canucks!

The real game begins when we go down 2-0.

Honestly, it's better than 2007 where AV would defend 0-0 tie with Luongo in net.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I wouldn't. Stop with the retreads. 

I will say I'd take AV over Tocchet. 

Hell I'd take Marc Crawford over Tocchet. 

I just want to see someone with a good defensive structure in here and AV is that, for sure.  So, it's not so mu h as AV as that kind of coach.........this team is in dire need of some structure

Seeing as they are at home, they'll play terribly. 

But if I know this team like I think I do, we'll start winning more games down the stretch but lose to the teams we need to beat to make the playoffs, miss the playoffs by 5 points and pick 15th instead of 7th....because that's how we roll #mushymiddle4life.

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Let's go Canucks!

I'm finding it hard to balance the excitement of us scoring a goal versus the loathing of watching the other team score one immediately after for 3 periods.

ying yang yoga GIF by PinarProtein

Edited by Harold Drunken

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I'd take AV in a haertbeat right now

I'd take 2008 and onwards AV in a heartbeat.

Not defend 0-0 tie AV. That guy was boring.

To his credit, he adjusted his coaching style very well. One thing I liked is how he managed the Sedins' minutes perfectly and using them on offensive opportunities as much as he can. 

I think something similar needs to happen with Hughes. Manage his minutes and let him focus on offensive situations and we will win more games. But then, we are trying to tank so, maybe we start doing that next season.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Oh man I always pull hard for the team to win when a player's parents are in town to watch their kids play in the NHL for the first time.

Win it for Kuz's mom and dad!

Ah, they don't care about Van winning. 4 goals for Kuz in an electrifying, wait for it ... 5-4 loss. ::D

2 minutes ago, jyu said:

I think something similar needs to happen with Hughes. Manage his minutes and let him focus on offensive situations and we will win more games. But then, we are trying to tank so, maybe we start doing that next season.

Hughes is fine. He plays a lot because they have no other choice. People don’t like his defensive play but he’s not on the ice for goals against anymore than the other guys and that’s playing 25 mins a night on a defensively crap team 

• Cheers 1