The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wednesday January 18 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Reports from where?

I doubt linden is enjoying this

There were rumblings for some time that there was discord between the president and the team’s ownership, but the crux of Linden’s sudden dismissal came down to how long it would be until the NHL playoffs came back to Vancouver. And yet, the Canucks missed the playoffs again this past season. The first instalment of the post-Linden program, where the Canucks once again chased free agents to shore up depth, didn’t work.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/patrick-johnston-trevor-linden-left-the-canucks-a-year-ago-not-much-has-changed

And the team isn’t making the playoffs even now. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

When? I don't doubt it. But to my understanding he's never said in Public why he left.

I just figured he didn't like the direction and just wanted to spend time with his son?

Oh man that was on 1040 a few years ago , he didnt go into it in detail, kinda brushed it off but did say something about the roster at the time staying the same and that he would have like to see bigger changes made but others didnt see it that way, he moved on from the conversation like he was uncomfortable talking about it