The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks announce skate jerseys as official 3rd jersey

Rate this topic

Roberts

14 hours ago, Whaleroad Train said:

Nothing says progress, and re-tooling for the future, than using logo's and uniforms from the past.

better than the current corporate logo. Look on other forums and you see other fans of other teams say how amazing it is. I rather have this jersey, looks more intimidating than the calm and relaxed green and blue which are so common league wide in the NHL.

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, BlackRedYellow said:

I'd prefer it if they made the red more orange...

But happy to see the Skate back :towel:

23F1B9EC-7FE9-437B-8176-631F33EAC7E7.jpeg

but it would make it less intimidating than the german colours in it. I don't want to represent team Bhutan lol

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

It's been known since the offseason the stick and rink was retired and they were using the skate full time as the 3rd jersey going forward.

should make it our main jersey. The constipated orca logo should be our 3rd jersey moving forward. 

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I get that the Canucks were terrible in the 70's and at points in the '80s, but it was to be expected as an expansion team in a new league, playing against dynasties that were settled years prior. This team has no excuses and no safety net, no 80s Islanders or Oilers, no 90s penguins or red wings. This season, a year we were supposed to trend upwards toward contention in 2-3 years, has been a contender for worst season in Canucks history. GA, PK, Storylines. Our pain from 2012 onward was supposed to have light at the end of the tunnel. Its only been getting darker and it looks like the next 5 years may surpass that. 

excuse me?? with that D you were thinking we would trend upwards??:lol: I predicted that we could possibly make the playoffs but more of a bubble team and now we look worse than my conservative prediction. No team is a contender if they have Myers, OEL and Schenn playing on the top 4. 

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Nah.  I grew up in the 70-80's.   You are just getting some of that pain we felt now. 

The 90's were something.   More playoff games and series won then ever.   Sure the 2000's and peak Sedin era was exciting too.   I've felt deeper pain than we are currently going through.   And also get that might change but we aren't there yet. 

The fact that this franchise is associated with constant pain and disappointment since (like you said) from the 70-80's for its fans is really something. 

This fanbase has been through generations of disappointment and moments of "almost but not quite".

Obviously nothing is owed to a certain team or its fanbase but good lord, could you imagine the relief and breathe of fresh air if/when we do win our first cup? 

Pure euphoria.

I just hope that day comes in my lifetime. 

• Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The black logo could be fine (I do prefer the white), but the striping & the font change make it worse imo. 

I enjoyed the look of the OG skate jerseys they wore last year more.

I think the only thing I would change about these new jerseys would be to have the collar show the stripe colours like the old jersey to make it look more sharp. Otherwise I like this more than the stick in the rink jersey as our 3rd jerseys.

50 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

excuse me?? with that D you were thinking we would trend upwards??:lol: I predicted that we could possibly make the playoffs but more of a bubble team and now we look worse than my conservative prediction. No team is a contender if they have Myers, OEL and Schenn playing on the top 4. 

Brad Shaw proved that it wasn't a dman issue as much as it is a systems issue. Look at Boudreau's GA last season. 5on5 it was top 3 in the league. 

55 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The black logo could be fine (I do prefer the white), but the striping & the font change make it worse imo. 

I enjoyed the look of the OG skate jerseys they wore last year more.

I like the font change but not a fan of the stripes.

Just another attempt by Aqua-Lini to "SUCK" more money from the naive & innocent in order to sooth his never ending thirst for money-money and more money, while not being able to even deliver a half descent product on the ice.   I, like many, will not spend another red cent on anything Canuck, until there are indications ownership and management are serious about improving this Train-Wreck of a team - and neither should anyone else!

• There it is 1

Was at the game last night. At first, I didn't like the removal of one of the lines but it actually works with the alternating red & yellow lines..cleaner and has continuity with the Skate boot. The recoloured '70-'72 stripes look awesome.

The cheap and weak Agency font must go, just like the corporate Orca. Bring back the classic and nicer-looking Athletic block font. Black V's on those '70-'72 sleeve stripes instead of engraved V lines would look so much better...just like the white sleeve V's on the original Stick in Rink jerseys.  Colour on the collar plus pants stripes would look amazing And for the cherry on top of the sundae, a recoloured Johnny Canuck on the shoulders.

Overall, great work.:bigblush:

i think it could be a lot less gaudy if they changed the colours. a solid blue crest sorta like one of the lightnings logo mabbe and go from there.i never understood the halloween theme, other than drafting kunhagel, i cant recall any germans that have played a significant role youd think wed be going for the swedish nat colours 

1 minute ago, granpappy said:

i think it could be a lot less gaudy if they changed the colours. a solid blue crest sorta like one of the lightnings logo mabbe and go from there.i never understood the halloween theme, other than drafting kunhagel, i cant recall any germans that have played a significant role youd think wed be going for the swedish nat colours 

I do prefer the navy blue and green Johnny Canuck Reverse Retros but keep in mind, the Flyers wear Halloween orange and black.

As for Swedish national colours, go with the 80's yellow-gold Skate jerseys and socks and the original/current blue pants and gloves.

1 hour ago, granpappy said:

They originally brought those colours on with the Flying V because they wanted to look more "intimidating". Which shows how intelligent the management was because we all know the skill of the team doesn't matter. Its actually that professional athletes are frightened of a shirt with hot dog stand colours and a figure skate moving downhill.

2 hours ago, McBackup said:

They originally brought those colours on with the Flying V because they wanted to look more "intimidating". Which shows how intelligent the management was because we all know the skill of the team doesn't matter. Its actually that professional athletes are frightened of a shirt with hot dog stand colours and a figure skate moving downhill.

Yep, and while on that point, it always seemed ironic (but maybe appropriate) that the skate was pointed "downhill".   Maybe that was intentional to represent the true direction (so far) of this franchise.  I wonder if one day when our team starts to win (once Aqua-Lini is out of the picture) if they'll "tilt" the skate pointing uphill?

Edited by RU SERIOUS

17 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

The fact that this franchise is associated with constant pain and disappointment since (like you said) from the 70-80's for its fans is really something. 

This fanbase has been through generations of disappointment and moments of "almost but not quite".

Obviously nothing is owed to a certain team or its fanbase but good lord, could you imagine the relief and breathe of fresh air if/when we do win our first cup? 

Pure euphoria.

I just hope that day comes in my lifetime. 

We all do.   And yes it would be euphoria  , I'd imagine fans from all over world descend on Vancouver and celebrate.   Will say though, it does get my hackles up a little when folks get so bitter they invalidate our history....so far it's been pretty rich.   Just not as lucky as some teams.    Eventually that pendulum will swing our way.   Maybe even this year.    There is always hope.  

Edited by IBatch