The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Russo] Dumba Being Scratched Tonight a “Hockey Decision,” Trade Incoming?

AngryElf

49 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, my personal priorities are (in order of priority):

Move Miller - 1st round pick and #2 RD (Yes, I really think he's still worth that)

Move Boeser - 1st round pick or solid defensive prospect who's ready to play in the NHL

Move Garland - 2 x Bottom 6 forwards

Move Schenn - 2nd round pick from a contender, let him chase another cup - resign him in summer

Move Stillman - whatever we can get for him as a draft pick, he doesn't seem to fit here

Move Myers (don't think he can be moved till his bonus is paid) - whatever we can get

Move OEL (we can't afford his cap hit on the left side. Need to spread cash around more evenly. Even if he was playing well, we still need to move him) - Whatever we can get

Sign Horvat 8 yrs x 8 - 8.5 per

Sign Kuzmenko 4 yrs x 6M per

Sign Bear 3 yrs x 2M

Sign Dermott 2 yrs x 1.75

Not looking at UFA's who are coming up this summer from other teams as we don't know who will be available.

Make room for Bedard so he can join the team next season :) (Think positive, it's our year for once!) 

@EddieVedder says Boeser has no value so we will get a used shoe for him.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, mll said:

The lower cap hit doesn't really matter though - they have so much deadline cap space.  Most of any playoff team which is pretty amazing given their buyouts' dead cap. They can add over 16M in contracts at the TDL and remain cap compliant this season.  The Wild believe Faber can play top-4 - he's already ear-marked as their Dumba replacement next season.

This past off-season Guerin explained that they are in between phases.  No longer at the stage where they are chasing picks/prospects (they now have a top-5 prospect pool) but not yet at the stage where they are ready to sell their picks/prospects to go for it.  His mandate is to build a perennial contender.     

In his mid-season presser this week he said that he thinks they can compete in the playoffs this year and it's the team that will tell him what he needs to do at the TDL.  He talked of possibly adding if the team is doing well.  They might not be willing to spend much just yet (ie he's unlikely to carve into their prospect pool) but he still expects them to win.  The West is there for the taking.  

Guerin's been very conservative thus far regarding moving out assets, I don't expect that'll really change and you've noted they're not yet in a position where it's likely to 

As for the west, I don't know, Colorado's been beaten to hell all season and they're just finally starting to get healthy again

I think Landeskog will be back sometime after the all-star break 

I think a fully healthy Avs team still comes out of the west even if they don't finish top of the heap, I'd certainly take them over Minnesota 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/avalanches-gabriel-landeskog-will-start-skating-after-all-star-break/#:~:text=Landeskog has yet to play,mid-to-late February.

Minnesota's done well to recover and gain ground in the race though, they'll be in the playoff mix but that's probably about it imo 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Popcorn bag in the press box?

I'd like to see him play and give him the ol' eye test, in our colours.  Hughes could make him look like an all star if he can keep his game simple and physical.  If he does, he could be re-signed cheap and is another piece to the defense puzzle.  If not, he walks and we get cap space.  Win win for us.

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Move Miller - 1st round pick and #2 RD (Yes, I really think he's still worth that)

Move Boeser - 1st round pick or solid defensive prospect who's ready to play in the NHL

Move Schenn - 2nd round pick from a contender, let him chase another cup - resign him in summer

Move Stillman - whatever we can get for him as a draft pick, he doesn't seem to fit here

Move Myers (don't think he can be moved till his bonus is paid) - whatever we can get

Move OEL (we can't afford his cap hit on the left side. Need to spread cash around more evenly. Even if he was playing well, we still need to move him) - Whatever we can get

Sign Bear 3 yrs x 2M

Not looking at UFA's who are coming up this summer from other teams as we don't know who will be available.

Make room for Bedard so he can join the team next season :) (Think positive, it's our year for once!) 

Your evaluations for the contracts are pretty reasonable but IMHO you are way out to lunch if you think any of those trade values are accurate except for the Scenn one.

We canrteven give Miller or Boeser away, and there's speculation of just buying garland out.

We need to give up first round pics to move those contracts, forget anyone paying us 1st rounds for them! Lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Your evaluations for the contracts are pretty reasonable but IMHO you are way out to lunch if you think any of those trade values are accurate except for the Scenn one.

We canrteven give Miller or Boeser away, and there's speculation of just buying garland out.

We need to give up first round pics to move those contracts, forget anyone paying us 1st rounds for them! Lol 

Speculation of buying out Garland came from where?

Wasn't it someone on this board that implied Garland as the target?

If the canucks cant move BB6 or even OEL without retention they should be targetted for buy out before Garland, OEL would be a brutal buyout none the less.

Miller's value is not nil, nor is bb6" 

millers behavior and disposition is the problem, every player struggles at some point, trade him to Philly for a dman. let him and Torts be in Paradise:P

bb6 problems are a many I like the guy and wish him the best, My loyalties are to the Canucks and not any individual player.

Skating, not a play driver, not the best 2 way fwd, not physical, doesnt fight, injury issues, loss of shot, also seems to be regressing.

more concerned with bb6 contract then Garlands

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Sign Bear 3 yrs x 2M

No ones giving us a 1st for boeser ffs

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I can see Dumba going to EDM and then re-signing there for 4 years at 3.5-4.0 per

Not sure how the Oilers fit him under their cap though this year - they could send Poolparty to Min but still need another player moved.

Edited by MikeBossy
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

5 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Not sure how the Oilers fit him under their cap though this year - they could send Poolparty to Min but still need another player moved.

Well there was talk of them strongly looking at Klingberg (obviously with $$ retained) so they are in the market for D, even if overpriced, for playoff run. 

Minnesota has 12-14 million in dead cap the next 3 years but is also firmly in a playoff spot - and possibly looking to add a rental at the deadline.

I’m pretty sure the stable geniuses of Canuck fanbase would have an aneurysm in that situation. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

No ones giving us a 1st for boeser ffs

I think the only people who don't think he has value, are the media who are desperate for clicks on their pages and links and the fans who listen to them.

Last year, a whole bunch of media was saying that we'd be lucky to have someone take Hamonic if we waived him, it was echoed here by fans. Suddenly we trade him for a 3rd round pick!

Stop listening to media that is desperate to create clicks, it's how they get paid!

• Cheers 1