The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday January 21 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’d like to take this time to coin a new phrase: 

“Incompe-tank”  

Its when you’re not actually trying to tank, you’re just so incompetent that it happens as a result.

You know, I like this.

Also I actually blame this on how happy Canucks nation was during the Oilers 10 year rebuild. Frequently it would be mentioned and people would laugh, "Haha at least we aren't the Oilers, can't even make the playoffs with McJesus".  Now we are the Oilers in year 10 of our "re-tool".  Ours will be longer since we don't have McJesus.

• Cheers 1

All for JR hiring the coach he wants but the treatment of Bruce has been awful and at this point I think should have let Bruce continue the lame duck season. Right now the results are the best thing that can happen to this club. Trading away best centre with not even the theory of another NHL centre is another tank move. 
‘Getting a coaching bump is worst thing that could happen this season.  Then again I am not sure this club, where they are know after having been beat up in the press by the POHO as much as they have, even have that in them. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Plaguez said:

You know, I like this.

Also I actually blame this on how happy Canucks nation was during the Oilers 10 year rebuild. Frequently it would be mentioned and people would laugh, "Haha at least we aren't the Oilers, can't even make the playoffs with McJesus".  Now we are the Oilers in year 10 of our "re-tool".  Ours will be longer since we don't have McJesus.

You blame the lack of rebuild on the fans??

There were people in the organization and in the fanbase that wanted a proper rebuild and not just a retool. 

And Oilers had how many 1st Overall picks and star quality players?

They still haven’t done shit all and still don’t have a decent goalie and not a real  playoff winning dcorps, after 10 years. 

54 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

AQ.

You still have time.

You dont have to do this.

Do not let your brass bring in Tocshit.

He is not the only option.

Wait till the season is over and reverse the mistake that is JR.

Exactly

Veto JR's dismissal of BB ....

JR will then resign, claiming lack of independence, owner interference, etc etc ...

Alvin will resign too, 'cos he is zero without his mentor ......

Appoint Smyl as GM (which he should have done all along) and keep Bruce

Players happy, fans happy, media p'd off, which makes it all good 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You blame the lack of rebuild on the fans??

There were people in the organization and in the fanbase that wanted a proper rebuild and not just a retool. 

And Oilers had how many 1st Overall picks and star quality players?

They still haven’t done shit all and still don’t have a decent goalie and not a real  playoff winning dcorps, after 10 years. 

When you put it like that,  I feel better about our circumstances. Thanks. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Exactly

JR will then resign, claiming lack of independence, owner interference, etc etc ...

Confused Gavin Free GIF by Rooster Teeth

10 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Exactly

JR is a good ol’ boy.  He’s not going to publicly criticize our owner.  

I can’t believe they are going to let this drag out onto hockey night in Canada and a national audience.

I hope the sounds guys in the Broadcast room make sure the “sell the team” and “Bruce there it is” chants are audible all game and the fans give Bruce a standing O at the end of his last game even if we lose badly.

I actually expect we might win this one.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

I can’t believe they are going to let this drag out onto hockey night in Canada and a national audience.

I hope the sounds guys in the Broadcast room make sure the “sell the team” and “Bruce there it is” chants are audible all game and the fans give Bruce a standing O at the end of his last game even if we lose badly.

I actually expect we might win this one.

It is sad, going to have to listen to Ron Mclean talk shit about our organization and this time he may finally be right...

41 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’d like to take this time to coin a new phrase: 

“Incompe-tank”  

Its when you’re not actually trying to tank, you’re just so incompetent that it happens as a result.

As I’ve learned over many years of working and many different careers, there is another word for this as well….. Manager.