The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I'm also on team tank. I want a shot at Bedard, but even if that doesn't happen, it's a good year to have a high pick.

I'm just hoping that this change doesn't result in the all too common "honeymoon period", where the team turns things around temporarily in reaction to a coaching change. This season is a write-off and I'd hate to see the Canucks  move out of a lottery position.

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm also on team tank. I want a shot at Bedard, but even if that doesn't happen, it's a good year to have a high pick.

I'm just hoping that this change doesn't result in the all too common "honeymoon period", where the team turns things around temporarily in reaction to a coaching change. This season is a write-off and I'd hate to see the Canucks  move out of a lottery position.

That might be exactly what's needed to get rid of management though.

31 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Part A I agree with.

Part B I condemn with the highest level of importance!

Part and parcel with part A; Tochett & his team should be tasked with absolutely nothing but evaluating our current NHL group.  Make them accountable. Cut the fat off. Install systems. Get the team hustling, cohesive fighting for each other, every puck, every back check, assignment. Develop the team culture.  More important, the on ice roles & systems.

Part B; You will absolutely destroy our young players having them be part of disjointed team & cluttered systems. What we have right now.  It works part and parcel with team tank? Should not be confused with each other.  KEEP THEM AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE TILL THIS IS SOLVED. When there are designated roles, moments to deploy that are well controlled. That will be the time to bring up your youth. 

100% agree!

Would you rather have a "soft, people's first, jolly boss" or a "get results done, tough nails" boss as a leader for a professional sports team?

Personally a happy go lucky jolly person fits the role of a Stanta Claus more than a disciplined coach who has to find every button possible to push millionaire entitled athletes. A coach isnt just someone you can laugh or talk easily with, its someone who will force you to excel. 

• Like 1

Just now, Roberts said:

I like the sounds of "no passengers" but I wish they made this coaching change 1-2 months ago, not when they have nearly 0% odds of making the playoffs. At least the team is more likely to not play the passengers anymore.

Party’s over.  

18 hours ago, Ballisticsports. said:

Scoring is the one thing they can do

Curious how the Canucks fair with other teams. with goals scored against, while we are on the Power Play?

Our goalies have saved a lot of embarrassment there from what i recall

Yeah maybe, our goalies haven't been very good overall though so it probably evens out in regards to even strength goals give up that they should have stopped. Earlier on I would have agreed to an extent, but Martin and Delia are starting to show why they are AHL goalies as of late, the team isn't helping them at all....but I don't think they are NHL goalies either.

Edited by Harold Drunken

2 minutes ago, Roberts said:

I like the sounds of "no passengers" but I wish they made this coaching change 1-2 months ago, not when they have nearly 0% odds of making the playoffs. At least the team is more likely to not play the passengers anymore.

Well, one positive of not making a coaching change sooner is that our odds for #1 OA went from 6.0% to 7.5% and climbing......:ph34r:

Edited by Fanuck
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Luckily I think we are past the point of a meaningful turn-around being possible with the TDL only a little over a month away. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol we are just a smudge above the bottom 3rd of the league.. that's littered with the tankers SJ chicago arizona anaheim columbus.. the offensively challenged group..

Yeah I know, just felt like disagreeing with you lol. You're not wrong, pretty much everything is broken,,,but for a decent period of time the PP was pretty good. 

Edited by Harold Drunken