The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Bell said:

After watching that press conference I am terrified that Alvin is the one in charge for trading Horvat and other franchise changing decision's.  This seems like a huge mess to me.

I remember being worried about what Keenan was going to do with Trevor.  He got us two young players: Bertuzzi and McAbe. That one trade set us up for our best teams ever. 

• Upvote 1

Should of given Bruce a wtf moment bring him to center ice, with players surrounded him with stick taps and crowd chants Bruce there it is!!!!!!!!! Now that he will never forget.. he would of just retired there Center stage like WWE' undertaker.  And bring out the dead man theme song.. or even his favorite player Owen's 

1 hour ago, Snake Doctor said:

I counted 87 um’s and ah’s between Alvin and Tocchet’s in todays press conference. They need some more practice in public speaking. 

Alvin's "Ah's" are really "Um's" in Swedish so at least they are on the same page speaking the same language 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Absolutely not. 

Help me understand. I know about the gambling conviction and I as well don’t like how the Canucks handled this whole situation 

What is the risk to children that prompts hr lack of trust around them ?  

Am I missing something ?

Just now, Sapper said:

Help me understand. I know about the gambling conviction and I as well don’t like how the Canucks handled this whole situation 

What is the risk to children that prompts hr lack of trust around them ?  

Am I missing something ?

Personally I don't support allowing convicted criminals with mob ties around children. 

Just now, King Heffy said:

Personally I don't support allowing convicted criminals with mob ties around children. 

Please make sure you make that caveat when saying it ..l.it’s important to provide the why In proper context.

Thanks for providing that clarifying piece 

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I remember being worried about what Keenan was going to do with Trevor.  He got us two young players: Bertuzzi and McAbe. That one trade set us up for our best teams ever. 

Bert, Mcabe and a 3rd. That 3rd turned out to be Jarkko Ruutu. #37 was a pest near and dear to me. His troll/trip on Phaneuf is legendary.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

43 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I’m not blaming this fully on media at all.

that doesn’t make any sense to do especially when JR already admitted fault for his bonehead statements. 

like I’ve stated previously, I try and be objective as I can when I form perspectives. I thinks it’s fair to the subject matter rather than just defaulting to what naturally feels like a right or wrong. In this case, I look at the media taking something a statement which at the time was obvious and in hindsight was unequivocally accurate, and immediately tying that into Bruce’s contract status. It could have been left separate - on ice criticism vs businesses side, but that’s the angle the media wanted to frame and roll with because it was a great hook. 

here we have JR apologizing for the comments. He wasn’t really apologizing for what he said, he was apologizing for how it was perceived and how that affected people. Essentially he was apologizing for thinking he could speak candidly and directly. Maybe he should have known better, but this media market managed to get a guy who his whollllllle decades long career has been direct, candid, thorough and a good interview, to announce he will now shut up. (though perhaps that’s a good thing now?)

they are parasitic. Who originated this story and subsequently has his name plastered everywhere as the source of this info? Friedman. I’d say he’s benefitted quite well from this affair, and what bothers me most is he has the smug audacity to pontificate on how poorly Bruce has been treated, when Friedman himself fed off the blood being drawn. Such hypocrisy. Sickening.

so yeah, I also blame the media.

We will just have to agree to disagree cause to me it doesn't take any sort of genius to put two and two together about JR's comment and Bruce contract status especially when JR was asked directly about it and was coil in his answer. 

Any fan can put those two piece of information together and ran with it. 

Edited by 24K PureCool