The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Jan. 25, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, DeNiro said:

I’m not even mad.

Like people who want a tank this is what comes with it. You can’t say you wanna lose and then b&tch and moan when it happens.

You should be celebrating the team being this bad. This is what it’s gonna take to outtank teams like Arizona and Columbus.

It still doesn't feel right without selling a major piece like a centerman or Dman and replacing them with a bad AHL player. Then tanking will feel right

Just now, EP Phone Home said:

Uh oh looks like we need a new coach bump! 

“That’s a good team over there” Haven’t we heard that before? I believe that same guy is on our payroll. 

It was the coach tho right guyz GUYZ!!!

Green and Tocchet are buddies. Hehe 

• Thanks 1
  • There it is 1

17 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I know it is just one game early in Tocchet's tenure but so far my assessment of this coaching change looks to be correct. 

There will be no coaching bump as this team cannot play a high structured game. Green tried it, Bruce tried it, and now Tocchet is having a cracking at it. Every time a coach tries it, the team performance nose dive and so does our offense. 

I remember when Green tried to get this team to play defence first hockey and he got fired

• There it is 1
  • elephant 1

4 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Seattle is legitimately solid. Wasn't expecting a win at all tonight, especially 2nd game in 2 nights.

I think it's still way too early to judge Tocchet - they have only really had 1 practice - but what tonight hopefully reinforces for management is that the path ahead is major surgery. I hope they can make some deals sooner rather than later.

Yup, they're one of the only teams to beat Boston this year.  They're playing really well and I hope that Seattle has lots of fun in their first playoff series ever.  I think it might be fun to come down there and catch a game at a Seattle bar in my Canucks jersey. 

I really hope that they move on from a couple of guys sooner rather then later too.  Bo Horvat looked checked out to me tonight.  There will be some very hard change ahead as our long time captain gets traded, perhaps Schenn, Boeser, or Garly...  

This team should use this opportunity to audition more tweener guys like DiGiuseppe, Pederson, and see what we have in the AHL guys finally...  Wolanin, Brisebois, and Noah Juulsen.  I'm okay with losing on the scoreboard and settling into a top 10 pick in this draft. 

7 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Is the PP historically bad?

For the past 6 weeks, it has been getting steadily worse. My guess is, our attack on PP has become to predictable, it's essentially the same every time. Tonight, I saw them line Miller up on the Right side once and Pettersson at the point with Hughes, but it needs a lot of work and we have not been doing enough experimentation on improvement.

Just now, MaxVerstappen33 said:

It still doesn't feel right without selling a major piece like a centerman or Dman and replacing them with a bad AHL player. Then tanking will feel right

If the goal is losing who cares?

This team can’t get much worse whether it trades Bo or whoever.

Whatever confidence they had left is gone.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I’m not even mad.

Like people who want a tank this is what comes with it. You can’t say you wanna lose and then b&tch and moan when it happens.

You should be celebrating the team being this bad. This is what it’s gonna take to outtank teams like Arizona and Columbus.

You're right.

And I am actually a little relieved the team is not responding to Tocchet and playing better.

They are actually trying to do what he is asking... backchecking and trying to be responsible... but it is crippling their O-Game.

And they are still over-committing in the opposition's zone... and leaving themselves open to the counter.

• Upvote 1