The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Jan. 25, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just watched Tock-It during his Post-Game interview and let me tell you, he looked really pissed and shocked with what he saw tonight.    He is not going to age well with this group and their performances and I can see him blowing a gasket quickly.    He looks like a VERY impatient guy and I honestly don't think he knows what he got himself into with this hornets nest of a team.   I wish him Luck but I don't get the feeling he'll be around here long.

• elephant 1

9 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

Except Minny had/has a prospect pool and relatively deep defense core to help absorb it, we clearly do not.  

True.  The buyout is obviously the last thing they should consider. The only positive is OEL’s cap hit is almost zero next year. If JR is thinking short term he might jump at being able to free up $7 million in cap space for next year. 

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m not even mad.

Like people who want a tank this is what comes with it. You can’t say you wanna lose and then b&tch and moan when it happens.

You should be celebrating the team being this bad. This is what it’s gonna take to outtank teams like Arizona and Columbus.

Yup!  We need a top 3 pick!  Sorry but it’s facts.  We need that 1 franchise player that’s above Petey.   Every successful team has had top pics and plenty of draft picks.   At this point whenever the opposition scores, I celebrate as if Vancouver just scored! 

having a bedard as your top center, and having Petey as a 2nd line.   Perfect world, bo as a 3rd line ….. oh my 

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Rick said flat out he was going to dial down top players minutes. That’s a little excessive but no one should be surprised

That doesn't seem to be the case for everyone else in the top 6 tonight. 

They seemed to have regular ice time. Horvat almost 45 minutes past two nights. Petey also 40+. 

Boeser, Mik and Kuz played more than Miller tonight. 

• Cheers 1

When they replaced Boudreau with Tocchet, they also needed to replace the Assistants.  (Clarke excluded)

They are still playing with that handicap.   Maybe they'll take that step in the off-season.

But by then the players might have lost any confidence in Tocchet.... looked like JT Miller has already.

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

You're right.

And I am actually a little relieved the team is not responding to Tocchet and playing better.

They are actually trying to do what he is asking... backchecking and trying to be responsible... but it is crippling their O-Game.

And they are still over-committing in the opposition's zone... and leaving themselves open to the counter.

I would have been pissed if they started playing better under Tocchett. Would have just made me wonder where it was earlier and why they were giving up on Bruce.

There should be no doubt in managements minds about what needs to be done.

Complete teardown of the D, rebuild the bottom 6, and more speed and grit, and get a reliable backup goalie. All the thing Benning failed to do in his 7 years of building.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

Just watched Tock-It during his Post-Game interview and let me tell you, he looked really pissed and shocked with what he saw tonight.    He is not going to age well with this group and their performances and I can see him blowing a gasket quickly.    He looks like a VERY impatient guy and I honestly don't think he knows what he got himself into with this hornets nest of a team.   I wish him Luck but I don't get the feeling he'll be around here long.

He was completely lost for words for a while. You could tell his train of thought was lost . Didn’t know how to respond to this level of inability. 

• Cheers 1
  • elephant 1

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Yeah, he’s probably already lost the room. He’s like JT Miller but as a coach.

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, bad alice french said:

We need proper goaltending before we can assess the defensive shortcomings of this team. Everyone’s tiptoeing around the fact that our netminders have been terrible since Demko’s injury. No one wants to crap on them because they’re both in a really tough spot but they’ve been terrible. This affects confidence all through the lineup. It’s not their fault they have been thrown into his brutal situation, but you’re not gonna win in the NHL with these two guys in net.  

Yes and no. Properly balanced teams have won cups with ordinary goalies. Benning was paying big bucks for proper backups and that didn't work either.

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Seriously though, we have a LOT of talent out there, but this is the most disorganized I've seen this team since the late 80's when people were literally wearing bags over their heads to Canuck games at Pacific Coliseum.  

True there is a lot of talent. Couple right moves and it could be a different team next year. I wouldn’t be surprised by anything anymore 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

When they replaced Boudreau with Tocchet, they also needed to replace the Assistants.  (Clarke excluded)

They are still playing with that handicap.   Maybe they'll take that step in the off-season.

But by then the players might have lost any confidence in Tocchet.... looked like JT Miller has already.

I’m positive they left those guys in place on purpose. At least I hope they did because it would give me faith that they’ve chosen to tank.

Like a guy who’s in charge of a 65% pk does not escape firing unless the team wants to lose :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3