The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wonder if we can flip Beau at the draft for a pick or player. Pittsburgh look desperate and will have a new GM. Beau + Rathbone for Marcus Pettersson or POJ? I'd jump all over that.

Essentially then:

Bo + 2nd + Rathbone for Hronek + Pettersson + Raty

If Abby has a strong Calder playoff the value of many on their roster will go up. At some point Pitt has to start thinking of post Malkin and Crosby and Letang. I doubt they move Pettersson. 

On 4/14/2023 at 1:22 PM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Except LE was *NEVER* good here.  Even a guy like Myers was pretty solid *FOR US* for a period of time (OEL too!) before the wheels fell off.

LE played 2 good games here, the one I saw the last game before the Twins retired and I heard they had another one but I didn't see it, pretty f'n pathetic especially when we needed a player who actually earned that kind of bling but the on off switch, idk wtf to say about that kind of b.s. 

For that kind of money, the on switch should be permanently ON unless your injured and not 100% 

Most players make in a game or 2, what most of us make in a year of 9-5, that's my beef, I'm not jealous, they just need to play like it.

3 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

It will probably be worse post Judd Brackett. 

2019 was his last draft - Podz, Hogs, Silovs, Mcdonough - very solid. 

2020 and 2021 I wouldn't be that suprised if we don't get an NHL regular out of those two drafts. 

That said, 2022 looked better with Pettersson and Kudryatsev trending well although not too happy with the Lekkerimaki pick. 

Most of the core scouts are still around, so the change shouldn't be that drastic but Judd was the biggest piece.

Lekk has been playing great in the playoffs since being back, so there's hope still with him.

• Cheers 4

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wonder if we can flip Beau at the draft for a pick or player. Pittsburgh look desperate and will have a new GM. Beau + Rathbone for Marcus Pettersson or POJ? I'd jump all over that.

Essentially then:

Bo + 2nd + Rathbone for Hronek + Pettersson + Raty

There is no way I’m putting an E on the back of my jersey. Same goes with that fake imposter who supposedly has the same name as me. He better get traded fast. ^_^

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There is no way I’m putting an E on the back of my jersey. Same goes with that fake imposter who supposedly has the same name as me. He better get traded fast. ^_^

Could be worse than the Barry Pederson and Brent Peterson days.  Or Greg Adams and Greg Adams.

4 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

2020 and 2021 I wouldn't be that suprised if we don't get an NHL regular out of those two drafts. 

That said, 2022 looked better with Pettersson and Kudryatsev trending well although not too happy with the Lekkerimaki pick. 

Most of the core scouts are still around, so the change shouldn't be that drastic but Judd was the biggest piece.

dude - we missed matt boldy and Caufield... Pod kaolin is teetering on bust - I like him but I do not like him more than those other guys- Podsz had a ton of question marks around him at the draft and that whole year, Boldy and coalfield had been killing it - classic Canucks - draft someone with questions around them and try to get a "steal" when guys with real upside are staring them in the face

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

dude - we missed matt boldy and Caufield... Pod kaolin is teetering on bust - I like him but I do not like him more than those other guys- Podsz had a ton of question marks around him at the draft and that whole year, Boldy and coalfield had been killing it - classic Canucks - draft someone with questions around them and try to get a "steal" when guys with real upside are staring them in the face

Caulfield will end up being the player that was most talented outside of Hughes.... But retired earlier due to injury.  Boldy was my pick but I didn't think Podz would be there at 10.  So let me ask you... Boeser was picked just after Eriksson-Ek.  Most Minnesota fans felt like they made the wrong pick.  For the first 4 years after draft they were right.  But how do they feel now, do you think? 

No doubt Boldy is a great player and probably will get even better but Podz hasn't even scratched the surface yet.  He really has it all, it's just taken longer for all of it to come together.

He'll end up being the 3rd or 4th most important player on this team... Just behind Petey, Hughes and Demko. 

Some nights he'll take over all by himself.  He'll be like a kesler when he single handedly destroyed Nashville.  I know he's not yet a center but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being our third line center that's the best in the league and can move up the line up as top 6 winger. 

You wait.  The Podz is coming to take over NHL very soon!!!!

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yeah I think the fake Adams wore an initial between his name. I believe it was the initial C but I could be wrong. 

Also Craig Adams although much later lol.   Confusing.    Pretty sure there were a couple Scott Thornton's too.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Caulfield will end up being the player that was most talented outside of Hughes.... But retired earlier due to injury.  Boldy was my pick but I didn't think Podz would be there at 10.  So let me ask you... Boeser was picked just after Eriksson-Ek.  Most Minnesota fans felt like they made the wrong pick.  For the first 4 years after draft they were right.  But how do they feel now, do you think? 

No doubt Boldy is a great player and probably will get even better but Podz hasn't even scratched the surface yet.  He really has it all, it's just taken longer for all of it to come together.

He'll end up being the 3rd or 4th most important player on this team... Just behind Petey, Hughes and Demko. 

Some nights he'll take over all by himself.  He'll be like a kesler when he single handedly destroyed Nashville.  I know he's not yet a center but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being our third line center that's the best in the league and can move up the line up as top 6 winger. 

I'm not convinced that Podkolzin is going to be a 20 goal scorer consistently in the league. I can see him being a great forward as a middle six. Top six? Probably not. 

And yes, Matt Boldy is going to be a much better player all around than Podkolzin will be. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

9 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm not convinced that Podkolzin is going to be a 20 goal scorer consistently in the league. I can see him being a great forward as a middle six. Top six? Probably not. 

And yes, Matt Boldy is going to be a much better player all around than Podkolzin will be. 

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Yeah, Podkolzin as flashes of greatness

quick release

hard on the boards

but inconsistent

I keep waiting....................as I watch Boldy :picard:

I'm just not stoked on him at all, I just don't see it like others here do.

He still plays "tentative" and "scared" it seems.... I don't know, I thought he would be more consistent, and hungrier to excel by now....and I loved the pick at 10OA at the time, especially since at one point there was a consensus that he might even go as high as 3OA...but he's only shown rare moments of pizzazz, not enough for me to get over the moon excited for.

He is still young though, so I'm hoping he can find another gear and crank it up next year, but who knows, it's really unclear at this point, to me anyway.

• Cheers 1

Lol some of these comments remind me of similar ones comparing Horvat to Domi where our fans would have taken Domi over Horvat as he was putting up more points in their 1st 4yrs.l than Horvat was. Where are they at now? Will be the same with Podz and Boldy.

If the Canucks drafted Boldy it doesn't mean that he would be performing as well with the Canucks as he is currently with the Wild. It is all relevant to team system and style. Podz next year will be better than this last year and in 2 yrs he will be better than Boldy! Enjoy and cheer for the team and players we have 

Edited by sims
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

2020 doesn't look good but Truscott might be something. I'm not sure what you mean about 2021 though- Klimovich, Forsell, and Myrenberg all look very promising for early returns on a non-first rounder.

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, sims said:

Lol some of these comments remind me of similar ones comparing Horvat to Domi where our fans would have taken Domi over Horvat as he was putting up more points in their 1st 4yrs.l than Horvat was. Where are they at now? Will be the same with Podz and Boldy.

If the Canucks drafted Boldy it doesn't mean that he would be performing as well with the Canucks as he is currently with the Wild. It is all relevant to team system and style. Podz next year will be better than this last year and in 2 yrs he will be better than Boldy! Enjoy and cheer for the team and players we have 

That's certainly what the scouts believed.    That said i'm going with Boldy to have the better career.   Really thought that would be our pick,  Podz pulled a Zadina, and we just would have been roasted at the time if we also let him pass by.    Something to think about this draft, if a top 3-4 consensus guys slips to us and we take someone else.   

56 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

He still plays "tentative" and "scared" it seems....

Yes I agree... He's growing up.  He thinks to much and hasn't allowed himself to loosen up and just play with instinct.  He's still learning to trust himself.  This next year we'll see it come together for him.  It will be a thing of beauty!  He'll be a big part of us making playoffs.... He may not start with the big club but will be a permanent fixture by season end.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

I wanted caufield so bad that year, I have a friend who's a die hard Habs fan but she doesn't follow as closely as I do and I told her that Day that the Habs just drafted a stud and I wasn't wrong 

Classic Canucks is right,

Jagr? Nah, nedved 

Tkachuk? Nah Juolevi

Caufield? Nah, podz

Etc etc

Edited by BlakeQuinnAndEggs
  • RoughGame 2