The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

19 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Do you think he runs with Bo in the playoffs even to lose Bo to UFA ?

that’s bold ..      

see , that’s where I think Lou loses his job , is directly after Bo leaves if that’s the case.

To your first question I say yes.

I do think he tries to sell Bo very hard on signing long term with the Isles. I just don't see why Bo would not choose to test free agency. He has earned it. Maybe Lou makes an offer Bo can't refuse? If he signs in long island, it's pretty clear it would be about the money and not winning long term. He has better, younger teams to choose from who need a 2C, should he hit free agency. Ultimately he'd have the chance to pick his spot. The only way I see Bo signing with the Isles is if they go to the SCF and even then it's an iffy decision.

• Cheers 1

If NYI defers their 1st to next season I want to see a lineup of goons in our games against them to take out Barzal.  Top 5 pick for sure.  

PS.  Does it feel dirty to trade our captain again to the Isles? Haven’t we seen this before?

3 hours ago, Muttley said:

He was in the series and then this happed.  Should it have been a match Penalty ?, of course it was. He continued to drive Raymond's body after his initial hit on him.

They saved the longest suspension in NHL final history for us on Rome.

• Cheers 3

20 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Do you think he runs with Bo in the playoffs even to lose Bo to UFA ?

that’s bold ..      

see , that’s where I think Lou loses his job , is directly after Bo leaves if that’s the case.

I don't know. I think Lou has to go for playoffs or bust? No? I just can't see Bo signing there. What hope is there of winning a championship on Long Island. I always pictured Bo in Philly, but that's a whole nother bag of pain .

Edited by rekker

17 minutes ago, Nooks said:

If NYI defers their 1st to next season I want to see a lineup of goons in our games against them to take out Barzal.  Top 5 pick for sure.  

PS.  Does it feel dirty to trade our captain again to the Isles? Haven’t we seen this before?

Honestly, we'd probably be better off taking out Pulock or Sorokin. Right now the only reason they aren't worse than us is their defense can defend. And their goalie can stop more than just beach balls. They can't score even with Barzal. Running him won't change much. They'll just find ways to win 1-0 or 2-1. Lol.

10 minutes ago, rekker said:

I don't know. I think Lou has to go for playoffs or bust? No? I just can't see Bo signing there. What hope is there of winning a championship on Long Island. I always pictured Bo in Philly, but that's a whole nother bag of pain .

Lou is pretty much a god in the team building side of things around the NHL, it was probably one of his last grasps at getting a fairly decent veteran squad into the Playoffs. I can see the Islanders pushing to get in to the wildcard.

Problem is the Islanders have an older team, not a lot coming up in the youth department and for a club that is not one of the core teams in the division should Bo sign there, well he may end up spending the next half dozen seasons missing the Playoffs on a poor team with little coming in the way of youth. Grass is not always greener, he made his choice but it would be extremely foolish to sign with the Isles unless its shockingly always just about the money and one's perceived value. 

As a player I would be much more excited about Vancouver's future, and if I wanted to join a winning club well there is 15 teams I would choose over the Isles.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

14 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Lou is pretty much a god in the team building side of things around the NHL, it was probably one of his last grasps at getting a fairly decent veteran squad into the Playoffs. I can see the Islanders pushing to get in to the wildcard.

Problem is the Islanders have an older team, not a lot coming up in the youth department and for a club that is not one of the core teams in the division should Bo sign there, well he may end up spending the next half dozen seasons missing the Playoffs on a poor team with little coming in the way of youth. Grass is not always greener, he made his choice but it would be extremely foolish to sign with the Isles unless its shockingly always just about the money and one's perceived value. 

As a player I would be much more excited about Vancouver's future, and if I wanted to join a winning club well there is 15 teams I would choose over the Isles.

I was going to say it, but didn't. But I'd take the Canucks, as is, our issues and future, over the Isles.

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

26 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Screenshot_20230201_180034_Facebook.jpg

• Haha 2

well, was pretty underwhelmed by the return, islanders are one of the teams i dont ever really pay attention to so wasnt sure about the return, but now that ive thought about it not that upset with the return, hopefully that 1st we get goes to next years draft and they fail hard or #13 but im sure we can find a decent RHD in that area, i bet ratys will be a solid player for us in the future and for AB, hopefully he gels well with our top 6 and finds another level in his game still 25. but there is alot of what "ifs" in this trade so just going to see how it plays out and really hope before TDL and in the summer we make some decent moves. 

- pretty curious what they sign BO for or if he tests FA.

• Upvote 1

The Legend of HutDuster

So I’ve been following a thread over on Islanders Reddit where a user named HutDuster posted soon after the trade that he had a “friend”  at Newport Sports that claimed that paperwork was being drawn up for 7 x $8.5 for Bo. Now I’m not claiming for a minute that it’s real or accurate but the thread has been good reading. The user got banned soon after and posters ere saying that LouLam sent in the dogs and ‘disappeared’ him because he knows too much.

It will be fun to see if Bo signs and how the numbers match up.

• Cheers 1