The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

I came here for the Horvat banter…… I was not disappointed.

Can’t really blame Bo on the comments he made. We can be just as toxic as Leafs and Habs fans. 

Remember this is the same fan base that ran Bure, Naslund, and Luongo out of town. Not even the Twins and Linden were exempt from being harassed with negative comments. 

Edited by shiznak
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, EB43 said:

A lot of good players play on teams in stages of mediocrity, and some get traded, there’s just no reason to take a stab like that, especially when you are directly aiming that at your ex-teammates.. what does that say about you as a person?

His comments make me think, our future is brighter without someone like him captaining our team.. 

I like to think his comments was more so directed to the management group and their lack of building a playoff team, during his tenure. I mean, we were pretty much out of the playoff picture every single year by mid February, aside from his rookie season. 

Nothing much to cheer for, when you’re playing meaningless games in early late February - early March.

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, EB43 said:

A lot of good players play on teams in stages of mediocrity, and some get traded, there’s just no reason to take a stab like that, especially when you are directly aiming that at your ex-teammates.. what does that say about you as a person?

His comments make me think, our future is brighter without someone like him captaining our team.. 

My interpretation is that he wasn't taking a jab on his team mates. I think it was more on the organization especially the deteriorating relationship this season. 

Which is fair I've worked in companies where I generally like my team and have nothing but good things to say but just got fed up with the company as a whole 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, shiznak said:

I like to think his comments was more so directed to the management group and their lack of building a playoff team, during his tenure. I mean, we were pretty much out of the playoff picture every single year by mid February, aside from his rookie season. 

Nothing much to cheer for, when you’re playing meaningless games in early late February - early March.

Well if they don’t make the playoffs this year, he’s right back in that situation for his entire contract, which is I guess irony?

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, EB43 said:

Well if they don’t make the playoffs this year, he’s right back in that situation for his entire contract, which is I guess irony?

I mean, at least they are in it right now, playing meaningful games rather than stuck in the motion of waiting for the season to end.

Edited by shiznak
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, shiznak said:

I came here for the Horvat banter…… I was not disappointed.

Can’t really blame Bo on the comments he made. We can be just as toxic as Leafs and Habs fans. 

Remember this is the same fan base that ran Bure, Naslund, and Luongo out of town. Not even the Twins and Linden were exempt from being harassed with negative comments. 

And then there's Islanders fans.

• There it is 1

2 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

What’s the big deal with Bo’s comments? First, so many folks here are crapping on him that he could have been a lot harsher. Second, I’ve lived on Long Island and I live in BC; I have no trouble believing New Yorkers are more lively than folks in Lotusland and the suits that can afford tickets. 

Not just that, it’s what he represents to the fanbase. They arguably signed the biggest UFA to be who might just be the piece that helps them into the playoffs. Of course that crowd will be in love with him. Especially right now.

Let’s see what they think of him a few more years into that deal. I can imagine their message board now given how vocal they already are. I think Bo will have to become stronger on the D side of his game to earn the contract value and as he regresses into a 3rd liner. He will be surpassed on the F depth chart by more dynamic offensive players within 3 years, imho. Let’s see how he’s embraced then. Think that will mostly depends on or be defined by what the Isles achieve this and next season. 

Captain a team with next to zero success and preside over an outright toxic locker room, and wonder why the fanbase isn't as adoring as the team you just went to, drastically overpaid you, and is currently in a playoff chase. 

We'll see how well those comments age when the contract is nearing its end, the Islanders aren't competitive, your salary is a boat anchor and the fans that still show up are screaming at you about your jammies. I'm sure you'll feel supported.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, McBackup said:

And then there's Islanders fans.

I would say, if we took a poll amongst hockey fans. We’re probably be ranked in the top 10 worst fan base in hockey. I’m not afraid to admit this fanbase is toxic.

1. Philadelphia

2. Detroit

3. Toronto

4. Montreal

5. Boston

6. Vancouver

• Cheers 1

Just now, shiznak said:

I would say, if we took a poll amongst hockey fans. We’re probably be ranked in the top 10 worst fan base in hockey. I’m not afraid to admit this fanbase is toxic.

1. Philadelphia

2. Detroit

3. Toronto

4. Montreal

5. Boston

6. Vancouver

Okay.

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

What a stupid classless thing to say, obviously he doesn't care what Vancouver thinks and probably is trying too hard to enamour himself to the Isles fans (especially after such a poor run), but he was the captain of this team saying he wanted to finish his career here literally just a few weeks ago.

If you can turn on your former team that quickly be careful Isles fan, one trade to your rivals and he'll turn on you too.

Trade Horvat?  Do you want that contract now??

Bo Whorevat is trying to win over the Islanders fan base because he will be the most overpaid 3rd line center in NHL history very soon. 

It's funny how he talks this shit after he finally scores a non empty net goal. I hope this franchise don't forget this disrespect and give him a lame ass tribute video. 

• Haha 1
  • elephant 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Bowie can never be put in the same sentence as the Sedins and Linden.  He’s not even on the same planet as them…

Well obviously I agree with that.. but I didn't compare him to them.

I was pointing out that respectable legends like the Sedins and Linden recommended him as captain so it's pretty disappointing he turned out to be a moronic tool.

• Huggy Bear 1

He could have picked his words more carefully and got the same info out of his mouth doing so. He probably isn’t wrong with what he said tho. Just how he said it will rub the wrong way for a lot of Canucks fans.

I won’t take it as an insult. It is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1