The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

59 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

He could have picked his words more carefully and got the same info out of his mouth doing so. He probably isn’t wrong with what he said tho. Just how he said it will rub the wrong way for a lot of Canucks fans.

I won’t take it as an insult. It is what it is.

Well we did have a few thrown jerseys on the ice. But the product the players gave on the ice is also pretty horrible. So chicken and egg. 

4 hours ago, iinatcc said:

My interpretation is that he wasn't taking a jab on his team mates. I think it was more on the organization especially the deteriorating relationship this season. 

Which is fair I've worked in companies where I generally like my team and have nothing but good things to say but just got fed up with the company as a whole 

Yeah, as both Bieksa and Hrudy said, it's just pent up hurt. They've been there and understand.  I get it, he wasn't expecting to be traded, the front office didn't have the best relationship with him and went public with some hints that they didn't value him as much.  I'm positive this will be his one and only jab.  Wishing for good things for Bo.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Next time he plays in Vancouver he should pull out all the stops.  Do a WWF style heel entrance.  Cut a few Dr. D. Schultz style promos before the game and during the intermission interviews.  Skate onto the ice with a few hot ladies like Thunderlips in Rocky 3.  You know Elias Pettersson, last time I was in Vancouver I went downtown looking for a wohman!

Full heel baby.

58918755-9340-4411-94ad-97101398554e_tex

Bo was the guy who stood by the gate and high fived teammates after a win. Also the guy who never went to stand up for a teammate who got run over or sucker punched.

You wanna throw shade on Vancouver eh Bowie?

Ok.  Let's see how this ages,

• elephant 1

10 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

What? You miss the context? We made the playoffs once since 2016 he’s not lying 

That's true, but the way it came out, sounds like a two finger salute to the fans in Vancouver. They don't deserve that.

• Cheers 2
  • elephant 1

10 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol he's not wrong.. canucks fans are toxic with many here flaming him refusing to take contract below market making all the comparison calling him trash etc etc and wishing him crash and burn when he's traded to islanders so they can get a better draft pick and still continues to call him trash after he's traded and the draftpick no longer in play. so many here are so attached to a player that's no longer on the team and continue to flame and spew negative crap about him.

And what did Isle fans calling sleeping beauty, when he went to Toronto... All fans complain and moan if it doesn't work for their team. Its called being passionate...

Vancouver fans are passionate, but I never heard negative chant about Bo at Rogers.

As for what fans write, if you can't take criticism, you shouldn't read the sports pages or fans forums... 

• Cheers 1
  • elephant 3

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

That's true, but the way it came out, sounds like a two finger salute to the fans in Vancouver. They don't deserve that.

Yeah I don't think people are grasping the fact that Bo did not need to mention Vancouver fans at all.  Stop listening to the clip right after he talks about the NYI and it sounds like a normal response.  Then he goes on to add the bit about Vancouver and here we are...

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Trade Horvat?  Do you want that contract now??

I wouldn't have signed him for 8.5M, no way, but I would have given him JT's money and rather kept him over Miller. A simple fan will look at the stat comparison but don't forget, Bo was racking up points on a free style BB team and is now all dried up on an offensively barren NYI team. You can't compare apples and oranges unless Miller played a handful of games with that Islander team. I'd still have rather kept Bo at 7.5-8M mainly because he's a couple of years younger than Miller.

Bo looks bad now and right now Miller is playing brilliantly, but don't forget JT's contract goes a looong way down the line. These will both look terrible at different times. At the end of the day, there's not much in it, but Bo is younger. 

Everyone making a big deal about Bo's offence drying up, he's playing on a team whose first option is dump and chase, yet they sit in a playoff spot, so you can't criticise them. I'm sure if you ask any NYI fan, they'd be happy with Bo. If they do make the playoffs, that's what you really pay for with Bo. Not saying I agree with 8.5M but it's far from a terrible contract...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

And what did Isle fans calling sleeping beauty, when he went to Toronto... All fans complain and moan if it doesn't work for their team. Its called being passionate...

Vancouver fans are passionate, but I never heard negative chant about Bo at Rogers.

As for what fans write, if you can't take criticism, you shouldn't read the sports pages or fans forums... 

No kidding. Wonder what tune Bo will be singing if he doesn't live up to that contact. Isles fans can be tough as hell on players. I will stop short of hating on Bo, he was a great Canuck. I will say that my allegiance stops once you don't wear the jersey of my team and I feel rather indifferent about Bo. It's just a page that has turned. Thanks for the memories, but I hope we are the better team moving forward and kick your butt when we play Bo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

No kidding. Wonder what tune Bo will be singing if he doesn't live up to that contact. Isles fans can be tough as hell on players. I will stop short of hating on Bo, he was a great Canuck. I will say that my allegiance stops once you don't wear the jersey of my team and I feel rather indifferent about Bo. It's just a page that has turned. Thanks for the memories, but I hope we are the better team moving forward and kick your butt when we play Bo.

Spot on... feel exactly the same way. Once they leave, I let go of them. Don't hate them or anything.... They were part of a franchise I love, and as such deserves respect. some more than others, but I'm disappointed, when a player, whom I thought were the next in the long line of classy Captains, turns out to be vindictive in a way, I would expect from a 10 year old...

That he has a grape with management is fair, but giving it to the fans, who has be working hard for mere pittance of money compared to him, just to be able to follow him and their team is poor... very poor. 

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, shiznak said:

I would say, if we took a poll amongst hockey fans. We’re probably be ranked in the top 10 worst fan base in hockey. I’m not afraid to admit this fanbase is toxic.

1. Philadelphia

2. Detroit

3. Toronto

4. Montreal

5. Boston

6. Vancouver

This list is absolute slander.

Canucks fans work very hard to be petty, vindictive and obsessive. We should be at least top 3!

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wouldn't have signed him for 8.5M, no way, but I would have given him JT's money and rather kept him over Miller. A simple fan will look at the stat comparison but don't forget, Bo was racking up points on a free style BB team and is now all dried up on an offensively barren NYI team. You can't compare apples and oranges unless Miller played a handful of games with that Islander team. I'd still have rather kept Bo at 7.5-8M mainly because he's a couple of years younger than Miller.

Bo looks bad now and right now Miller is playing brilliantly, but don't forget JT's contract goes a looong way down the line. These will both look terrible at different times. At the end of the day, there's not much in it, but Bo is younger. 

Everyone making a big deal about Bo's offence drying up, he's playing on a team whose first option is dump and chase, yet they sit in a playoff spot, so you can't criticise them. I'm sure if you ask any NYI fan, they'd be happy with Bo. If they do make the playoffs, that's what you really pay for with Bo. Not saying I agree with 8.5M but it's far from a terrible contract...

I'll admit to being shocked with the Horvat trade. In retrospect maybe I shouldn't have. Trading Bo was management's clear break from the culture that preexisted their tenure. Bo played thru a rough patch of Canuck history. He inherited the captaincy at a young age with all the pressure Vancouver media and fans could place on him. The stress must have been terrible as the losing years mounted up. I want to believe his comment was about his career in Vancouver not producing more than 2 playoff runs. 

A negative perspective might be that Bo had become the dressing room politician. One image for the fans and another for team mates. I don't want to believe that but the team seems more unified since the trade. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shiznak said:

I would say, if we took a poll amongst hockey fans. We’re probably be ranked in the top 10 worst fan base in hockey. I’m not afraid to admit this fanbase is toxic.

1. Philadelphia

2. Detroit

3. Toronto

4. Montreal

5. Boston

6. Vancouver

Those are also 6 of the biggest fan bases in hockey.

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

9 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If you can turn on your former team that quickly be careful Isles fan, one trade to your rivals and he'll turn on you too.

7 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Trade Horvat?  Do you want that contract now??

It would cost them more to trade Horvat's new contract than it costed to aquire him. Horvat is basically the islander future OEL, a player signed past their prime who will produce like a bottom half of the lineup while getting top line money.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I've said it before that I don't hate Bo, but there's no friggin' way that I'm paying $8.5 mil a year x 8 years for a guy who's going to average around 55 points a year. At most, he's a $6 - 7 mil a year player. 

Spin it any way you want, but as his points dry up, NYI fans are not going to be happy paying him that amount. 

His only saving grace? He better lead them to the promised land. 

• Cheers 1