The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

1 minute ago, AV's Coin said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but if the Isles end up drafting between #1 and #12 this year then they keep the pick this year and we get their unconditional pick next year. So this year if we get their pick it would be between #13 and #32 but likely between #13 and #20. we cant do better than #13 this year.

If we get their pick next year it could be #1 or #32 depending on how  the Isles finish next year.

We get the pick unprotected. Same as the Miller deal.

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Based on what? Look at capfriendly. Tell me how they are gonna improve this garbage roster with no cap. They don't have a bunch of young guys poised to break out. Their best prospect we just took. That 12th overall guy sure as sh*t isn't moving the needle for them. So again, if they were so bad this year they are drafting 12th overall. And for reference, that is with them having Bo for 3 months. They are magically gonna get better after losing Mayfield? But the team, with Horvat drafted top 12. A worse roster is magically gonna come back strong on the back of what? Cause it suits your gotta be grumpy narrative.

They could sink and come back strong next year. Lets play the what-if game. Raty breaks out next year and easily replaces Bo and we're the President Trophy team. See how easy it is and how stupid it sounds? Or Beauvillier finds chemistry with Miller and becomes a 50 point guy. I love imaginary unrealistic scenarios. :emot-parrot:

Because it happens every year.  They have some good fwds there and a strong dcorp.  The parity in the league is such that several teams move significantly in the standings year to year.

They could easily be a good team next year.

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Bo was here 9 years and we won nothing and were treading water and/or sinking the last couple of years.

Trade was needed.  Time to change it up.

Decent return and the start of a new chapter.

I have no problem with it.

Bo wasn't the problem though. While what you said is true, it's also not his fault to be clear. He was a the 1 bright spot through some very dark years. And the moments he got in the playoffs he played amazing.

All the best to Bo, it really sucks we weren't better when he was here.

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Our 1st and the Islanders 1st for Bedard. I like it already. Someone get this man a desk job with the Canucks.

No.

you will need our 1st, the Isles 1st, another future 1st, plus Hughes, Demko and maybe Podz. 

that’s what it will cost for us to get our generational home grown kid. 

we don’t just have to tank now, we have to go amphibious and submarine/torpedo asap to have a chance. Luckily PA/JR are about to do just that I think 

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

But who knows what would have been in 3, 4, 5 weeks as standings change and teams watch other teams load up.  There was potential for a serious arms race in the east and now the Canucks just sit and watch.

Larkin, O'Reilly, Meir, lots for teams to choose from. Not just Bo.

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

Hope there’s more changes coming. 
would love to see a team with chemistry like we had with the 2010-11 group , unlikely but something close at least. 
this group is a mess and you can see there just isn’t the closeness that we saw with the 2010-11 group, need that for team success . 

Just now, Harold Drunken said:

Oh...I understand it Stawns....thats how I know it doesn't make sense lol see how that works? Why would NYI make this trade to tank? Explain it.

What?  I'm saying they're on the bubble, could easily falter this year thereby protecting their pick.  They could then resign Bo and be a playoff team next year, leading to pick in the 20's next year 

A top 12 protection is ridiculous when they're not far off that right now.  It's a huge gamble and if it blows up it's really bad for Van

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Because it happens every year.  They have some good fwds there and a strong dcorp.  The parity in the league is such that several teams move significantly in the standings year to year.

They could easily be a good team next year.

Stawns there's literally nothing anyone can do about that? You're just stating the obvious....thats completely out of everyone's control... What is your point? You don't Iike a 1st round pick because you think there's a chance the team will be good and it won't be a top 5 pick? Are you high?

You're complaining for the sake of complaining 

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2