Peyton Krebs
2023 BUF 1st

To Sabres:
Thatcher Demko

To Canucks:
Sergei Bobrovsky

To Panthers:
OEL

Bobrovsky returns to Ian Clark and we get our goalie of the future.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Don't think we'd land all that for TD..throw in Schenn?

But yeah, would jump into this.

Wondering, did you factor in Bob's NMC?(think he might agree?)

That is the deciding factor. Both OEL and Bob might not waive their NMCs.

I think the Sabres deal is more realistic.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

OEL sez, "f**k that I ain't goin' nowheres with my NMC, so stuff it baldy!"  :bigblush:

Then Rutherford shows him his take home amount after taxes in Florida and he waives in 2 seconds and drives himself to the airport.

This is a great proposal and honestly meets the needs of each team involved. 

-Buffalo is in desperate need of a goalie now (Not a goalie of the future) and is so deep in prospects that this won't make a major dent in their trajectory. 

-Florida needs to allow Knight to take the reigns and believe it or not OEL is a major upgrade on Staal or Mahura for a discount vs Bob. 

-Van gets an NHL goalie for now that could be flipped in his last year if Ian works magic.  We also get a potential goalie of the future in UPL and Bob to hold down the fort while that happens a very good prospect and another 1st in this deep draft.

This is a win-win-win trade.  You should be GM!

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

45 minutes ago, Qwags said:

To Canucks:
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
Peyton Krebs
2023 BUF 1st

To Sabres:
Thatcher Demko

To Canucks:
Sergei Bobrovsky

To Panthers:
OEL

This is interesting, if nothing else. 

I think Buffalo gives up too much. Or, at least, that's how they'd likely feel. Demko just doesn't have the same value right now as he did when he had put up back to back .915 save %. Their 1st will likely be a top 15 pick, and Krebs still has untapped potential, even if he isn't showing as well as he did in his first year in Buffalo. All for a goalie who was expected to be a #1, but simply didn't look like that same goalie this season. 

As for your second trade, I like the idea generally speaking - especially in relation to the first trade. We get a vet goalie to help Luukkonen grow, and might be able to regain some value if Bobs can improve. (With that said, he's not getting any younger so that might be a tough ask). If all else fails, at least we have a serviceable backup and his contract is one year less than that of OEL's.

A couple of things:
1) Can Bobrovsky even be traded? Isn't he injured?
2) The already-mentioned NTCs.
3) We would need to find another defenseman to take OEL's place. Slight the guy for not being nearly as good as his salary would suggest, but he's still an ok defenseman, generally speaking. 
4) Should Luukkonen not develop, or Bob not return to a form that could be tradable (both entirely possible, if not likely) we would also need to find ourselves a new #1. 

In any event, I really like the consideration put into this proposal. Nice work.

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Qwags said:

To Canucks:
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
Peyton Krebs
2023 BUF 1st

To Sabres:
Thatcher Demko

To Canucks:
Sergei Bobrovsky

To Panthers:
OEL

Would be open to this if FL was willing to retain about 3 - 3.5 million on Bobrovsky. 10 million for another 3 years after this one is a MASSIVE hit if he doesn't return to form. Clark is good, but we don't know if it's an age thing with Bobrovsky, and you can't undo that.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

This is interesting, if nothing else. 

I think Buffalo gives up too much. Or, at least, that's how they'd likely feel. Demko just doesn't have the same value right now as he did when he had put up back to back .915 save %. Their 1st will likely be a top 15 pick, and Krebs still has untapped potential, even if he isn't showing as well as he did in his first year in Buffalo. All for a goalie who was expected to be a #1, but simply didn't look like that same goalie this season. 

As for your second trade, I like the idea generally speaking - especially in relation to the first trade. We get a vet goalie to help Luukkonen grow, and might be able to regain some value if Bobs can improve. (With that said, he's not getting any younger so that might be a tough ask). If all else fails, at least we have a serviceable backup and his contract is one year less than that of OEL's.

A couple of things:
1) Can Bobrovsky even be traded? Isn't he injured?
2) The already-mentioned NTCs.
3) We would need to find another defenseman to take OEL's place. Slight the guy for not being nearly as good as his salary would suggest, but he's still an ok defenseman, generally speaking. 
4) Should Luukkonen not develop, or Bob not return to a form that could be tradable (both entirely possible, if not likely) we would also need to find ourselves a new #1. 

In any event, I really like the consideration put into this proposal. Nice work.

Finding LD is not that difficult in today's NHL, If we moved OEL out, Burroughs and Dermott move up, alternating with Stillman through to summer. Brisebois also looked pretty good on his short stint here this year.

There will be LD guys available on other trades at the deadline and during summer etc.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

There is risk with Demko for any team willing to meet our asking price. We need to get him back and healthy and performing at a high level before I think a team will pay that kind of package. I like the idea of the OEL and Bobrovsky swap, I think OEL maybe amenable to a trade now that the team seems to be clearly in transition and not in contention.

20 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Management has stated we are going for retool not rebuild... Why would they trade away our only NHL calibre goalie....? Literally first player JR praises coming on board is Demko. So what is with all these Demko proposals lol...?

I would argue this propsal is actually a retool proposal that happens to include Demko, unlike some others that are rebuild proposals including Demko. 

In return for moving Demko we clear cap space (rid ourselves of OEL contract), which is also one of managements priorities, we bring in a vet goalie (Bob), we acquire a young center and a 1st round pick. 

This isn't moving Demko for 2 1st and a second or a prospect and a 1st, this is an NHL goalie, a young C currently in the NHL plus a pick. I see that package as retool not rebuild.

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Finding LD is not that difficult in today's NHL, If we moved OEL out, Burroughs and Dermott move up, alternating with Stillman through to summer. Brisebois also looked pretty good on his short stint here this year.

There will be LD guys available on other trades at the deadline and during summer etc.

Wolanin is playing well also.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Qwags said:

To Canucks:
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
Peyton Krebs
2023 BUF 1st

To Sabres:
Thatcher Demko

To Canucks:
Sergei Bobrovsky

To Panthers:
OEL

I like the first trade with Buffalo..

Vancouver do not want Bobrovsky 3 yrs remaining X 10 million 34 years old..

Looking at Bob's season before this current one, I definitely think there's something in him that's still salvageable (last year: 39-7-3, 2.67 GAA/ 0.913 => 12-13-2, 3.24/ 0.897) though I DO wonder how much of an impact guys like Barkov and Weegar had in helping with his defense.  That being said, unlike OEL, Bob does have rebound potential, and we did scratch him while dressing Dermott before (correct me if I'm wrong) so if we could ship him out, lose a couple years at $7.26 mil and find a replacement at a fraction of the cap hit, it's a definite win.  Same with trading Demko for Krebs/ UPL (not sure they'd add a 1st for a goalie when UPL is already performing well this season but happy to be wrong).

If we could go from Demko - Martin to Bob/ UPL I think we could have a two-headed monster in the crease, and we could ride the hot goalie while I'd hope we flip Beauvillier and Krebs for defensive defenders.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Management has stated we are going for retool not rebuild... Why would they trade away our only NHL calibre goalie....? Literally first player JR praises coming on board is Demko. So what is with all these Demko proposals lol...?

Rumour has it he has asked for a trade.