The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 15, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tocchet said he didn’t think it was bad. Why say that if there wasn’t even an issue?

Vancouver media is too good at making drama. @grandmaster was right, wasn't worth noting, fake news.

It does seem like the team is unreporting injuries though, studz news came out late, same as dermott. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Are you implying that I was saying something against Tocchet? Because I wasn't and I'm happy that we hired him. 

I don't want a coach that's easy to play for. This team has burned all their bridges and used up all excuses. 

Ah sorry ... I must have misread what you said. He is a players coach ... who expects players to buy in and play the right way.

39 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So glad to hear Tocchet is addressing long standing issues like "Spinning off" your check instead of going through them. We have let players like Patty Kane and Gaudreau skate unimpeded in our O zone for years. Even one good hit on them a night would have them having second thoughts of freewheeling with no concern of getting hit.

What's the use of having a guy 6'8" , 229lbs guy if he is not going to use it to his advantage?

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

So glad to hear Tocchet is addressing long standing issues like "Spinning off" your check instead of going through them. We have let players like Patty Kane and Gaudreau skate unimpeded in our O zone for years. Even one good hit on them a night would have them having second thoughts of freewheeling with no concern of getting hit.

What's the use of having a guy 6'8" , 229lbs guy if he is not going to use it to his advantage?

100% agree ... 

• Cheers 3

33 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

You know theres a rule against touching kane, j hughes, gaudreau, caufield types right?  The league has turned into the icecapades. 

• Wat 1
  • elephant 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If there was anyone to be renewed it was Tanev, even with his injury history.

But Benning's blundering messed things up.

In hindsight he should have traded Jake and Gaudette for whatever he could.

The $5 million or so saved, could have at least taken care of Tanev.

They would have had to move Brock or other moves to keep Toffoli, who seemed like a good fit.

I'm ok with letting Markstrom go.

The funny part is he dug himself a deeper and deeper hole when he trying to fix things.

E691EE61-438B-4FED-AF4B-70C2658095A4.jpeg.f870a93a98101efc9247058ac793d574.jpeg

that is the funny part

I am not sold on Allvin, but I wonder where we'd be if Ol Jimmer was around for another year?

shuttlers

3 hours ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

Vancouver media is too good at making drama. @grandmaster was right, wasn't worth noting, fake news.

It does seem like the team is unreporting injuries though, studz news came out late, same as dermott. 

Can't have a day of peace with the amount of tools we have in this city's media.

A cesspool of overdramatic chicken littles 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1