The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Senators trade Nikita Zaitsev, 2023 2nd-round pick, 2026 4th-round pick to Blackhawks for future considerations

Just now, Master Mind said:

We paid a 2nd to move Dickinson's 2.65m

OTT just paid a 2nd to move Zaitsev's 4.5m

Yet I think Ottawa paid too much with the extra pick, that trade by us was beyond stupid. We could be trading Miller taking on bad contracts expiring next year. Acquire a ton of assets and be good in a couple years but no Canucks never do anything smart. Except Horvat bc they were forced. 

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Better player is a stretch. He's been a regular healthy scratch for Ottawa while costing nearly double in cap space.

Is the player the issue in Ottawa or the team?

Zaitsev had 2 good seasons with Toronto and since the trade has struggled on a terrible sens team.

Dickinson is lukewarm dog puke barefoot at 3am

sidenote, seems sens will be adding a dman or two as they currently only have 4 healthy d.

• Haha 1

Does this open the floodgates for more trades? Maybe OTT clearing cap to go after Chychrun or dare I say Myers? (oh wait, didn't Myers already nix a trade earlier to OTT?)

OTT has a lot of cap space ($18?), so I'm wondering what they're up to. Maybe they're going to trade for Schenn....and Miller  :bigblush: They could use a veteran C, take some of the load off Giroux. 

• Haha 1

If I recall correctly, Vancouver tried to do a deal with Ottawa for the Rabbit but Z wouldn't waive his M-NTC (must have had Van on the list) to allow the deal to complete. 

But still, these are the deals hopefully management can pull off if these are the market rates.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, billabong said:

Canucks pay a 2nd round pick to shed 1.3m in cap 

ott pays a 2nd and a 4th to shed 4.5m 

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

And we get Stillman on a 1.4 x 2 as the cherry on top... Will go down as one of the most dog deals once that 2nd is a early 40s next season lol

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Does this open the floodgates for more trades? Maybe OTT clearing cap to go after Chychrun or dare I say Myers? (oh wait, didn't Myers already nix a trade earlier to OTT?)

OTT has a lot of cap space ($18?), so I'm wondering what they're up to. Maybe they're going to trade for Schenn....and Miller  :bigblush: They could use a veteran C, take some of the load off Giroux. 

Stutzle has a 7M raise next year and Zub a 2M raise but yah they still have more space.