The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Senators trade Nikita Zaitsev, 2023 2nd-round pick, 2026 4th-round pick to Blackhawks for future considerations

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

We paid a 2nd to move Dickinson's 2.65m

OTT just paid a 2nd to move Zaitsev's 4.5m

Ottawa gave up a 2023 second round pick this year and we gave up a 2024 second in the Dickinson trade, I’m sure it cost us a round to defer the pick to next year as we don’t have a 3rd this year. 

1 minute ago, KyGuy123 said:

Ottawa gave up a 2023 second round pick this year and we gave up a 2024 second in the Dickinson trade, I’m sure it cost us a round to defer the pick to next year as we don’t have a 3rd this year. 

Plus we got Stillman, who has been monumental so far with us. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Man if thats what it takes to move 4.5 mil, man I can only imagine the cost to get rid of Myers.

Good piece of work by Chicago.

Also tells you that Myers will be easy to move after his 5 million bonus is paid out this summer. 

I'm sure it has been stated many times but he will be owed only a million of real money for next year despite the 6 million cap hit. 

Arizona showed some value today in the ability to get to the floor without paying much real cash.  

I can see a team paying a mid-round pick to take him off our hands. 

13 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Plus we got Stillman, who has been monumental so far with us. 

He has been a vital part of the Team Tank, although I've started liking his game in the last.... 10 games or so. Maybe the fact that I'm cheering for losses has impaired my judgment. 

53 minutes ago, stawns said:

And they also paid a 4th and tye Canucks also got Stillman who, despite the low hanging fruit crowds disdain, is actually playing well and could be a player going fwd.

There’s a less than 10% chance a 4th rounder ever plays more than 100 games in the NHL. 

I would trade our 4th round picks for the next 10 years, if it meant shedding unwanted cap space.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Have the Canucks ever made a trade weaponizing cap space?  I think FA is against it.

I think our owner has limited funds he will spend on things like weaponizing cap and buyouts. The OEL buyout this summer will cost a lot. Not too sure if he will even do that. But if that’s the plan, then taking on bad contracts to collec5 more draft picks right now might be too much money for our owner. 

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Okay now our turn with Craig Smith expect a 2nd and 3rd because effuuuu Boston 

Ottawa can make this trade too, ditch a contract they don't like, pick up an expiring contract instead +  attach appropriate draft picks.    

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

We better jump on a deal like this if these are the prices.

For sure, management waited most of the season to get the deal they wanted on Horvat.  They need to make moves now to build the team they want. 

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He has been a vital part of the Team Tank, although I've started liking his game in the last.... 10 games or so. Maybe the fact that I'm cheering for losses has impaired my judgment. 

I think there’s something there for Stillman as a bottom pairing guy. I didn’t like his last game but Myers was also his D partner :lol:

The previous half a dozen games I thought he looked good.

Just now, cripplereh said:

Last rebuild was drafting the twins,kes,finding burr.

So before this owner. I don’t think this owner has allowed a rebuilding move (like this Bo one, where a key core piece - in his prime - is traded for futures as the most important parts of the return) before. 

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Chicago is also devoid of any young talent. 

Chicago is going to suck for a long long time. 

I mean having 4 firsts and 5 seconds including Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson this year and a top 5 pick next year, and you might have yourself a quick rebuild.

I just hope Bedard doesn’t go to them. Chicago don’t deserve shit. Best case scenario every pick of theirs busts out.

• There it is 1