The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Feb. 23, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

6 penalty minutes...  I think he'll be a finalist at a minimum unless he turns into Randy Holt for the last 20 games.

He can win the Hart, the Art Ross, the Lady Byng and the Conn Smythe, all before he retires. To go along with the Calder.  At the end of his career he is looking at becoming one of the greatest Swedish players of all time. I just hope he has the chance to win the Stanley Cup here in Vancouver…

• There it is 1
  • elephant 1

I hate myself for screaming when Pettersson scored completing the ruination of the tank for tonight. Interesting that two minor leaguers on the left D, a minor leaguer in goal, a couple of minor leaguers in the middle, a part timer on the right D, totally outplay the Blues. I guess the young guys want to be here. We are spending a lot less time running around in our own end. Too bad, I want a better shot at Bedard. 

Looks like this team doesn’t like quitting. Pettersson with the McGod impression with the end to end OT winner.,.. Jeez, what a comeback, damn it. This darn team is even failing at failing.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Hope is really all we have left isn’t there? And with each plucky performance by our Nucks, draft hopes fade away….

It'd be one thing if they'd started the season well, but why now? 

Always meaningless wins during lost seasons bunging up our lottery odds. 

Here's hoping we can get another losing streak going.

Just now, Devron said:

We have Petey, Hughes and Kuzmenko. These other teams just don’t have that fire power

Here's hoping for some cold stretches. 

1 minute ago, Muttley said:

Pettersson, Miller, Kuzmenko, Hughes plus a couple of others, played their butts off. How can that be discouraged? 

97aeeb0bf0454235967577790931cb74

Gonna take a much bigger one. It still wont. These guys are real competitors

Now that there’s no pressure for making playoffs?

Do it when the two points matter and then we can talk.

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He can win the Hart, the Art Ross, the Lady Byng and the Conn Smythe, all before he retires. To go along with the Calder.  At the end of his career he is looking at becoming one of the greatest Swedish players of all time. I just hope he has the chance to win the Stanley Cup here in Vancouver…

Seems unlikely, he's not in the same stratosphere as McDavid 

It'll likely be a long while before anyone else wins it again imo

I know everyone wants Bedard, and I would absolutely love that.. but it's highly unlikely, even if we were dead last.

Hell, I ran the sim 25 times yesterday, and Philadelphia won the lottery 9 times. We won it once, and Anaheim won in twice. Not great odds no matter where you end up, it's a lottery.

Plus, offense is not this teams problem at all. Defense is, so if we end up picking in the 5-10 range we might get a player who helps with that.

Edited by greenbean30
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • There it is 1