The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Feb. 23, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I really wish nhl just switch to an even lottery for picks 1 to 10 for the bottom 10 teams so we don't have to do this cheer for your team to lose thing. 

I get where you're coming from, but the bad teams should be able to get good players in the draft. The way it should be in my opinion, is a one-lottery system where the bottom 6 teams have 12% each, and the next 4 teams get a 7% chance each at the number one pick. This way there's a little incentive to get into the bottom 6 and even bottom 10, but not enough of a difference to be woefully bad like Chicago.

Just now, Coconuts said:

Seems unlikely, he's not in the same stratosphere as McDavid 

It'll likely be a long while before anyone else wins it again imo

Lemieux won the Art Ross while Gretzky was still in his prime.  McDavid could miss a few games through injury. Who knows if Draisaitl will stick around in 3 years. They might not be able to afford him. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, AngryElf said:

I get where you're coming from, but the bad teams should be able to get good players in the draft. The way it should be in my opinion, is a one-lottery system where the bottom 6 teams have 12% each, and the next 4 teams get a 7% chance each at the number one pick. This way there's a little incentive to get into the bottom 6 and even bottom 10, but not enough of a difference to be woefully bad like Chicago.

I can work with that, but needs to be lottery for all the picks in thatt range or else people will still tank to guarantee like the 3rd or 4th overall. 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Lemieux won the Art Ross while Gretzky was still in his prime.  McDavid could miss a few games through injury. Who knows if Draisaitl will stick around in 3 years. They might not be able to afford him. 

You're welcome to disagree, I just don't see it. McDavid is in a tier of his own as far as current players go. 

We'll see. 

• RoughGame 1

Dammit! With a home town generational player up for grabs this coming draft, and being just on the brink of a good shot, it makes it so $%$#$#% frustrating to be a fan right now and being able to celebrate a win.  To celebrate this gift we have in Pettersson. 

Can't wait until we get to see Petey in the playoffs again.