The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Feb. 27, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

By my count it appears that 10 players dressed tonight were not on the team on opening night, they were either on another team or in Abbotsford.

So half the team still came together to beat Dallas.... seems like there is some unity and buying in to a system starting to work here.

Not to mention Demko stole this one despite 4 goals against.

Edited by GB5
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

5 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

May be a Twitter screenshot of 1 person and text that says 'Satiar Shah @SatiarShah Pettersson has blocked 6 shots tonight, he's up to 71 on the season. That ties him for 3rd in the NHL amongst forwards. 11:08 p.m. 680 Views Feb 23'

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree 100%.  I did the same thing when Kuzy scored.  If I didn’t want the team to win for tank reasons I simply wouldn’t watch the game. I mean, are some people actually watching the full 3 hours, plus posting on CDC, and wanting the other team to win?  Seems you could probably find better things to do with your time. 

I’m watching more to see the young kids and how they play. And also watching Petey’s progression as a player. If they lose, they lose.  But I am definitely not jumping up and down if the other team scores.  If you are on team tank, I have no problem with that. I understand the reasons why.  I just don’t understand why you would want to actually spend 3 hours watching the game and wanting the Canucks to lose. 

Im watching to see how well they do with OEL and Miller out of the lineup, and how much Myers sucks. Giving the stick back to Demko was the only defenive move Myers played toinght

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree 100%.  I did the same thing when Kuzy scored.  If I didn’t want the team to win for tank reasons I simply wouldn’t watch the game. I mean, are some people actually watching the full 3 hours, plus posting on CDC, and wanting the other team to win?  Seems you could probably find better things to do with your time. 

I’m watching more to see the young kids and how they play. And also watching Petey’s progression as a player. If they lose, they lose.  But I am definitely not jumping up and down if the other team scores.  If you are on team tank, I have no problem with that. I understand the reasons why.  I just don’t understand why you would want to actually spend 3 hours watching the game and wanting the Canucks to lose. 

Who makes you the arbiter of how Canucks supporters watch games? 

It’s odd that you support the team but don’t support the teams’ ability to get the best draftee. 

Do you want the Canucks to get the worst draft pick possible? 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1
  • elephant 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Gotta be honest I never imagined this side of his game coming out. Just shows how much he wants to win.

No reason he shouldn’t be in the Selke conversation soon.

Agreed. Petey has been elite on both ends of the ice. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’ll lay it out for ya.

Team Tank wants the team and players to thrive and succeed. We watch the games for the exact reasons you do, less the final score and more so for the entertainment and especially to root for who reps our jersey. The only difference is that this season, the logical, future thinking approach is to concentrate on building  with draft position being an absolute key element, as you are well aware.

You want success, so do I, guess what though…after years of trying your way, we’re trying mine. Are you going to be fair to that and the people who believe in that as well.

we def dont want or need your pity. 

it’s not 3 hours of wasted time…it’s showing the same “loyalty” you are but applying rationale thought to it rather than some antiquated belief that has kept us a middling or underachieving team for a long F’n time now.

hopefully that clears your brain fog/divisive thinking.

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1