The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

And gain probably 3 million is dead money from Boeser when his true value is taken into account.

60 point wingers aren't had for 3.5 million. 

Pens just traded a second for Granlund who is 5 years older than Brock. They have almost identical numbers (Boeser has 2 more goals both have 27 assists). 

Granlund is making 5 million. You could argue Boeser is overpaid by about 1-1.5 million, I have no arguments. But to say dead money as well simply isn't accurate 

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

nothing Pens did moved the needle esp considering the other beast teams in the east - NYR, NJD, TB, TOR...but pens adding miller and rolling with a 3rd line of Wilson-Miller-Granny now that's a 3rd line

Wait did the Pens acquire Wilson? I thought that was a bad rumour.

But you’re right they still need to do more.

5 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

60 point wingers aren't had for 3.5 million. 

Pens just traded a second for Granlund who is 5 years older than Brock. They have almost identical numbers (Boeser has 2 more goals both have 27 assists). 

Granlund is making 5 million. You could argue Boeser is overpaid by about 1-1.5 million, I have no arguments. But to say dead money as well simply isn't accurate 

If Boeser is as good as you day he would have already been moved. 

Boeser have negative value right now despite the point total and that is reflected in how no team is even touching him without asking for significant retention for a 5th rounder or a sweatner going back. 

There is a reason why his agent is out there looking for deals and getting zilch and here you want Pens to send a 1st back. :lol:

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

If Boeser is as good as you day he would have already been moved. 

Boeser have negative value right now despite the point total and that is reflected in how no team is even touching him without asking for significant retention for a 5th rounder or a sweatner going back. 

There is a reason why his agent is out there looking for deals and getting zilch. 

I said in my post we are taking back almost 3 million of bad money for two more years.You can argue Brock is overpaid but at least he's an NHL player.  They just put the guy on waivers and he cleared. But I'm not doing Boeser for McGinn straight up lol

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

I said in my post we are taking back almost 3 million of bad money for two more years.You can argue Brock is overpaid but at least he's an NHL player.  They just put the guy on waivers and he cleared. But I'm not doing Boeser for McGinn straight up lol

We are lucky is we can get McGinn and Pettersson for Boeser straight up. 

I am disagreeing with you that Pens would agree to throw in a first. 

And let's be honest, Boeser probably clears waivers with his current contract as well. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

lol

the Pens have barely done anything, adding granny, woopdideeeee, good luck making the playoffs and getting swept in the first round.

No kidding, I think TOR would actually beat the Pens in the first round. How dare PIT disrespect Crosby and Malkin like that. They need Miller. :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, brian42 said:

While I don’t think a deal is gonna happen I don’t think this necessarily means anything.

All it takes is one phone call. From all reports they were pretty deep into talks the last couple days. For all we know a deal is done but is waiting until deadline day to maximize every cap dollar.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1