The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

Just now, DeNiro said:

It ain’t gonna get easier in the summer if that’s what they think.

Hope Aqua likes buyouts. Oh and we’ll see if we have to trade another 2nd to dump a contract.

brutal........I honestly wonder if there are too many cooks in this front office and they can't just zero in on some kind of cohesive consensus for a strategy.  It's PA goes into one office, takes the advice of that asst GM and then goes into the office of the next one and takes the counter advice and then walks on dpwn the hall!

1 minute ago, Pavel the Bure said:

Miller,Garland and Boeser still Canucs, as I told many times, nobody trading for $$$$ contracts this days, nobody......

not true, they could have traded at least one of those guys if they'd taken picks back.

1 minute ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

The negativity in here is insane. Come on people. Get hyped! We brought in a lot of good young talent and didn’t mess with our core. 

The core that has been the worst value per cap dollar spent in the entire league for years?

Yay?

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

You’re literally the most toxic user on this forum…. I bet you’re a lot of fun in person 

hahahah and your handle is what? Lololololololol

I’ve been called worse by better.

don’t like it there’s a block feature learn to use it. 

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

where are they getting the $ for Severson?

That's what they'll have to figure out. 

That's not my problem :lol:

Basically what I would ask season ticket holders to do is wait until we announce season roster after summer draft and free agency to renew otherwise let their renewals expire. 

3 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

The negativity in here is insane. Come on people. Get hyped! We brought in a lot of good young talent and didn’t mess with our core. 

We didn’t unload any cap to improve the roster.

We’re gonna have to take on more dead cap for years to come and spend even more draft capital to dump contracts.

That’s not a strategy for success. 

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, brian42 said:

I liked some of the trades 

but the deadline is a failure.

3 times now (last deadline, draft and this deadline) the Canucks failed to free up cap space and trade JT Miller 

When we acquired Hronek signalled we weren’t trading Miller.  Eventually Boeser or Garland or both will be traded out but probably at the draft.

1 minute ago, flat land fish said:

When we acquired Hronek signalled we weren’t trading Miller.  Eventually Boeser or Garland or both will be traded out but probably at the draft.

That was also said after the last trade deadline. I hope you are right 

Just now, stawns said:

not true, they could have traded at least one of those guys if they'd taken picks back.

they could, retained money on Boeser deal, keep him around 4 mln and he maybe traded.....true is all 3 players in Canucs uniform, the rest could/should irrelevant at this point 

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Media better get their questions in at the conference because you won't be seeing management for a while. I hope they hit them with the hard questions.

Would be better if the media didn't even show up and let them sit there in the dark by themselves.

• Tanks a lot 1

5 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Problem is we can't sign anyone with guys like Boes, garland, miller, Myers, OEL on the payroll.

Moving someone.. anyone this TDL was what was going to allow that to happen.

We're going to be over the cap. We're not signing any UFAs.

Absolute garbage TDL. Especially if there was an offer of two 1st for miller. 

2 firsts the Miller? Highly doubtful unless massive cap retention for the next 7 years but then what's the point if we need to spend 6m after that to replace his production? 

Myers and Boeser are the only way we'll free up cap. 

Quite obvious