The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Luke Schenn to Maple Leafs for 2023 3rd-round pick

3 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Not surprised. Got what he is worth,but this time of year should hav been a second

If another team offered more than the 3rd that the Leafs were offering, then Allvin would have likely accepted.  If none of the other rumoured 5 or 6 teams in the running for Schenn was serious about upping the ante and gave a better offer than Toronto's third, then that ought to tell us something about what was his worth on the market. The worth on the market (assuming things are competitive) is what the market will bear.  It's not as if the Canucks didn't shop around.

I wonder if Luke also said that if you trade me to a serious contender for the playoffs (not just a borderline playoff team), then I've give you some consideration for re-signing in the off-season.

36 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Family does not come first in the Canucks organization.

"You don't have to move - I'll even cover your rent in a little basement on Spadina until the end of April.  But not May - we don't expect you to make it past first round"

bobloblaw bobloblaw bobloblaw bobloblaw bobloblaw bobloblaw

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EB43 said:

The thing that bugs me the most is that the Leafs turned a 3rd into a 1st and upgraded their D at the same time.

Yeah for all they sent out, they did bring in a first too. Wouldn’t be surprised if they traded it either, haven’t got to the deadline yet. 

3 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

A gentle reminder that if you think a 3rd round pick is trash/garbage and worthless, consider that one could be used to acquire a physical RD when we need one like, i dont know, Schenn. 

Yep kids like Axel Landen, Andrew Gibson, Gavin McCarthy and this kid 

Dylan McKinnon 

https://www.lines.com/nhl/drafts/player/dylan-mackinnon-38622

"Who is powerful, agile and possesses a high skilled package that allows him to look like an old school throw back original six type  defensive end punisher, high end hockey IQ allows him the luxury to make the correct reaction wether he has the biscuit or not.

Has short area explosion and loves shutdown situations and is so fundamentally strong and positionally solid and loves to manhandle attackers " 

This mock has him at pick 89.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

Man I wish we could pick up a D like Schenn for a 3rd.

He is gaining us a third that hopefully will garner us a potential player like himself and circle back this summer and come back home. 

• There it is 1