The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Curtis Lazar to Devils for 2024 4th-round pick

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

Not in today's nhl. Any salary under $1,125,000 can be completely buried in the AHL without cap implications.

You know what I mean. I'm not talking about burying contracts. Waivers etc. I'm talking about overall cap space on a day like today.

10 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Well said because it will certainly be serious next year when we have to try and resign these two.   Just park this thread in your back pocket and we'll discuss this again next year when reality sets in.  My money says those two alone will eat-up 17-18% of our cap if they play up to expectations and are resigned.   Pastrnak just signed for $11.2M so EP40 will very likely get at least that in his new contract.  Believe me it ain't as silly as you'd think!  Time will tell.........

You'll just move the goal posts and find something else to whine about. This is literally a nothingburger.

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Miller going too!!!!

haha jk

1 hour ago, -SN- said:

I wonder what we'll get for that 4th round draft pick in an hour.

We'll trade it for a 6th or 7th  and a bag of pucks as long as the pucks have a NHL logo!

Would I put it past our new idiots in management? No it wouldn't surprise me at all.. 

Edited by iceman64

4 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Of course it’s about cap. 

Sadly this so called retool that currently leaves us over the cap and with depleted draft capital will IMO cause us to once again simply play around the fringes of this roster once again, just like the previous management.

How would it be about cap when it would be fully buried in the AHL. It's not about cap. It's about getting draft capital for a nothing player.

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

We aren’t a good team as a whole but our O is pretty damn good in comparison. Can’t argue that point.

we need overhaul on the backend and that has started. Let’s see what we have as a roster come camp. If next year proves to be as abysmal, then there should be real discussion about what an EP or QH or both might fetch us. 
still too early to judge what this team can pull off with a whole offseason to work around.

We need a overhaul alright, from Owner down to coach as well..

9 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Why don't you tell everyone what RHD you would have been planning on drafting this year with the NYI 1st or the 2nd we traded?

Then you will need to say with 100% certainty this this unknown player will be a 0.5ppg producing RHD. Won't get injured, will have perfect development etc.

Because management can't predict the future any more than you can, THATs why they got Hronek.

A bird in the hand and all that.

I tend to agree, no RHD in the 1st round that were very interesting. Centre is another story, hopefully the lottery gods are with us...would be great to add Fantilli behind EP. 

16 minutes ago, RWJC said:

You have to try players and give them a chance. Every team does it. It’s basic business. Not everyone you bring in is going to work. You don’t understand that, Nostradamus?

Oh I know especially when you can’t or refuse to draft and develop. 
funny they’re will to “try” a player but afraid to “try” to draft. 

pretty tough to build depth and assets when all you do is trade picks because that’s the only tradable asset the team has. 
actuality it’s the proven path to what we are. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

This organization feels likes they purposely do the opposite of every other team and that they could care less it if works just as long as they are different with no real purpose as to why they do things that are puzzling. It feels more like "hey we did something different than everyone else and that makes us special." It just means your really really foolish and bring the problems that come along with that thinking on yourselves. It feels like an Aquillini issue.

Watch how long it takes Detroit to once again to make the playoffs for like forever. Stevey Y is building a deep organisation.

Even from a money grubbing perspective, ownership would be wise to accept that kind of idea. Always make the team stronger.

Even rich guys fail at math though, it's kind of tragic.

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Twitter is wild. So many canucks fans are trying to say they should have just put him on waivers.

We seriously have the least educated fanbase lol. Dedicated but my goodness lol. 

CDC is a safe haven compared to that place :lol:

if you want to hit rock bottom, go into the chat section of The Score app during a game....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, combover said:

Oh I know especially when you can’t or refuse to draft and develop. 
funny they’re will to “try” a player but afraid to “try” to draft. 

pretty tough to build depth and assets when all you do is trade picks because that’s the only tradable asset the team has. 
actuality it’s the proven path to what we are. 

Agree with you there…the importance and quality of drafting has been a major flaw.

In terms of rostering though, easy to mock it but signing a UFA and then converting that into a futures asset is a very good move, especially when trying to compensate for the above 

2 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

Watch how long it takes Detroit to once again to make the playoffs for like forever. Stevey Y is building a deep organisation.

Even from a money grubbing perspective, ownership would be wise to accept that kind of idea. Always make the team stronger.

Even rich guys fail at math though, it's kind of tragic.

Unfortunately its been almost a decade of it.

11 minutes ago, tas said:

I like lazar's personality and he showed flashes of spark, but ultimately not enough. I'm indifferent. 

Absolutely, I always thought he had lots of potential, he was quick, put in a good effort, was physical at times, seemed motivated, was a good interview, but then... nothing much happened when he was on the ice.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I can understand ownership et al but you’re not a fan of Tocchet?

Not at all.. he likes a tougher team but that's where it ends, that's all I have to say that's good about having him. 

Thought about it more and  actually with the bad ownership on down to GM, it doesn't really matter who is coaching actually, you can only do so much as a coach anyway with a bad team. Ours isn't a bad team, it's horrible.. 

We are so fuc_ed it's ridiculous. 

Ponder this, Tocchet should want a tougher team and we need one, what does management do, trades away Schenner for a late pick that has about 1 in a thousand chance of making the NHL.. F'n Genius! Omfg!

12 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

I tend to agree, no RHD in the 1st round that were very interesting. Centre is another story, hopefully the lottery gods are with us...would be great to add Fantilli behind EP. 

Exactly. If we can't draft one with the pick, then we can only trade for one.

13 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

We need a overhaul alright, from Owner down to coach as well..

Seriously ice, would you swap our complete org of owners/coaches and roster right now with Arizona?

They got picksa plenty, and are fatally short of fans.