The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fanatics to be Official NHL Jersey maker next year

Rate this topic

During WCE days, when you buy an authentic jersey it was made in Canada and had a higher price tag, and all patches and numbers stitched.  Now you buy an authentic jersey, still with the higher price tag, but they are not as well made and you get numbers ironed on instead of stitching.  Recently at Canucks store, they charged me extra $80 to have my retro jersey to have EP40 stitched on instead of heat pressed.  

Even those 50 anniversary patch were just ironed on when you pay for an "authentic" jersey.  

• Sad 2
  • There it is 1

Yikes...

The NHL really couldn't get a better deal from a company that produces higher quality? I'm sure fanatics will step up their game from the on ice product, but I won't be buying what they're selling to fans. Probably going to be the same crap they make now but at a $300 price tag. No thanks! I'll be buying an Adidas jersey before the change for sure. 

• Like 2

I thought it was predictable that fanatics was taking over.

Fanatics has been in the fan apparel game for some years now and I had a feeling as soon as addidas was out they'd swoop in. 

The fan jerseys are ok, but I hope they fix them up real nice.

Too bad the best I can do is get a fanatics blue jackets Bedard jersey

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'm ok with this especially with teams like Pittsburgh, Chicago, Boston, with how many outdoor games they have had what else can they do that hasn't really been done before and then teams like Toronto, Montreal and Detroit with very little changes in franchise history. Maybe revisit the program in 15-25 years let some new designs happen before revisiting.

My 2 Cents I have a few jerseys and a couple are fanatics, I don't find the quality to be all that bad. They are not as nice as Adidas or Reebok, but they're not terrible either. I'll hold judgement to see if they up the quality to that of Reebok and Adidas with the new deal. 

I don't get it, covid blip notwithstanding the NHL is generating more profit than they ever had.  Franchises formerly worth less than some Okanagan real estate properties are now approaching a billion dollars in valuation,  yet the NHL still cannot convince a MAJOR global sporting goods manufacturer like Nike/Adidas that it's good business to partner with them?  

• Cheers 1