The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday April 10 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ Los Angeles Kings - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - LA

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

28 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

I will never  get the notion that hockey is not meant to be entertaining. It is an entertainment business. I have watched every single season of this mess and we have had some entertaining teams but this is painful to watch. The only thing missing is Willie D behind the bench. They aren’t fun to watch and they are not entertaining and most of all they are not winning. I don’t give three anything’s like you said what you think. Hockey is supposed to be fun to watch and this is t fun it’s slow. It’s boring. It’s painful and a style that isn’t entertaining. I sure miss the style of Crawford and Vigneault. 

The team opposing them has a little something to do with it. 

For their home games, the Canucks have generally been quite entertaining, and score lots of goals. 

They also experienced an awful LOT of one goal games this season. Parity is through-out this league. Attitude, persistence, belief & desire have a lot to do with it, too. As do these officiating crews! The NHL has to do much better training & vetting their officials & making sure that the proper technologies used, especially when/where they can make a difference to the accuracy of the calls made upon the ice.

With a bolstered defense, more grit, speed, size, familiarity & a more integrated & uniform coaching style….I have the faith that this team will not only BE better - but I feel that they ARE already better even with the AHLers & college kids playing here, in place of all the injured or shut-down veteran players - right now. 

Edited by viking mama

Just now, Strawbone said:

Honestly, I was late for work one day because an ornery house cat was sitting on my wooden fence gate right be the latch and it refused to move. It hissed and swiped at me every time I got close. I ended up fighting it off with a branch. Cats are not to be trifled with!

LOL! I had a cat who did not let the pet sitter in once! Lunged each time the pet sitter opened the door... 

She was a one person cat! She passed away in December 2019, and on her last day, she was so happy to see me! Did not like that my mother petted her, and she hissed at another cat all while at the animal hospital. I thought she was going to make it, but as hours went by, her body was shutting down. 

But 2 months later, I got George! A rescue cat who was being fostered, and she is a goofy, happy cat that is happy all the time! 

• Like 3

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

Petey's line is not playing particularly well.

I think Tocchet's experiment with Kravtsov should end.

Better to have someone with more chemistry and defensive ability with Petey and Kuz.

It seems that way. Maybe they put him in the top six to get him one last chance.

1 minute ago, brilac said:

LOL! I had a cat who did not let the pet sitter in once! Lunged each time the pet sitter opened the door... 

She was a one person cat! She passed away in December 2019, and on her last day, she was so happy to see me! Did not like that my mother petted her, and she hissed at another cat all while at the animal hospital. I thought she was going to make it, but as hours went by, her body was shutting down. 

But 2 months later, I got George! A rescue cat who was being fostered, and she is a goofy, happy cat that is happy all the time! 

image.jpeg.7c469125843378a170c2701f81966ffe.jpeg

• Like 2