The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[MDSF] Carolina Hurricanes (M1) vs. New York Islanders (WC1) | Hurricanes win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Islanders in 4
    • Islanders in 5
    • Islanders in 6
    • Islanders in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/19/2023 at 11:00 PM

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Don't know how this is going play out with Bo. I don't have any ill feelings towards Horvat, I was a fan for years, so I feel some what sorry for him, despite the odd comment he made towards the Vancouver fans. 
I do however thank the lord, that we didn't get another LE situation on our hands. This could turn ugly real quick for Horvat. 

He had a good thing going here, he had a fit etc. I don't think he'd drop off like he did here but we did not have the cap for him. Just mind boggling how many can't let it go and move on and have to pile on daily. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

He had a good thing going here, he had a fit etc. I don't think he'd drop off like he did here but we did not have the cap for him. Just mind boggling how many can't let it go and move on and have to pile on daily. 

It was a good trade for both sides. Unfortunately it isn't going to well for Islanders, but the trade was good for both sides at the time. 
Changes were needed and $ didn't add up, so Bo was traded. A hockey trade... happens all the time. 

• Cheers 4

I like Bo  Canucks sold high and got a decent return for him. Bo’s agent negotiated a great contract for him and now all the pressure is on Bo to produce not now, right freaking now.

If a few pucks go in for Bo, everything is fine.

But since they haven’t, Bo is in a huge pressure cooker. I don’t feel sorry for him in the financial sense, but I do worry about his mental state.

I hope that he can bust out and carry the Isles to a few wins here.

It’s not going to be easy being the new guy playing in a different system. Fare thee well Captain.

• Cheers 2